The 4th floor is a 70 bed cardiac med-surg telemetry unit. We are a great unit for learning and have many opportunities to develop and grow your nursing knowledge and improve your critical thinking skills. On our unit, you get the chance to develop a large knowledge base regarding medical-surgical patients as well as patients who may have more complex issues which require telemetry monitoring. As a nurse, you will get to learn and practice nursing skills and get comfortable with different drips and procedures that typical medical-surgical units do not get to do.Skills include:
IV skills, tracheostomy care, feeding tubes, chest tubes, wound care, TPN, urinary catheters, ostomies, rectal tubes, NG tubes, JP drains, accordion drains, etc.
We have a wonderful, competent, caring staff of nurses, nursing assistants, and secretaries. Our unit has scored at the Magnet level in the NDNQI survey every year and has great participation in the WWTK surveys. We are an exciting and fast-paced unit that encouraged a teamwork-oriented atmosphere!
Come join our team!
Sign on bonus, relocation, and upfront ETO available for this position. Please contact Beki Fischer (417-920-9908) / Rebekah.Fischer@coxhealth.com; for more information!
Job Benefits & Perks!
- Tuition reimbursement up to $1,200 per year
- Retirement with employer match
- Onsite daycare with extended hours, holidays and weekends
- Onsite fitness facilities
- Pharmacy delivery to your unit
- On-site Employee Health services
- Opportunity to earn referral bonuses of up to $5,000 per hire for certain positions
- 1906 Employee Store
- 20% tuition discount on most classes at Cox College
- Cafeteria discount
- Sign on bonus up to $12,500
- Relocation bonus up to $3,000
- Loan forgiveness up to $10,000
- RN to BSN tuition assistance up to $10,000
- Up to 80 hours of earned time off (ETO)
- $1.00 BSN pay
- $1.00 Certification pay
- Up to $5,000 STAR Clinical ladder bonus per year
- Preceptor pay for your time supporting new staff
- Shared Governance Council
The Medical-Surgical nurse is responsible for managing the care of the adult or geriatric patient experiencing general medical conditions or general surgical procedures. The nurse must be able to assess patient condition, administer medications, change dressings, monitor vital signs, keep records and provide patients and families with support and education. The Medical-Surgical nurse maintains a wide array of medical care knowledge in order to care for a diverse group of patients.
Graduate of an approved nursing programPreferred:
Bachelor's Degree in Nursing
Previous nursing experience
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Demonstrate effective leadership abilities
Exhibits valuable time management skills
Strong critical thinking/problem solving skills.
Flexibility and ability to work in a multi-tasking environment.
MO RN license
BLS must be obtained within 90 days