JOB REQUIREMENTS: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Performs duties assigned by a licensed pharmacist or tele-pharmacist. Areas of work are checked routinely for maintenance of quality control. Work is conducted in accordance with generally accepted standards of practice following departmental procedures and policies as outlined in the department operations manual.
- Reads and interprets providers' orders received in the pharmacy and transcribes same into the pharmacy computer medication profile. Work is verified by licensed pharmacist.
- Prepares in accordance with pharmacy law and standards of pharmacy practice outpatient prescriptions to be dispensed after pharmacist approval.
- Keeps procedures up-to-date in pharmacy tech manual to train new personnel and to have
- quick reference to specific jobs so they are performed per the policies of the department.
- Checks and removes outdated medications on a routine basis to ensure that no deteriorated medications are in stock. Keeps appropriate records.
- Orders medications, receives medication orders, puts orders away and files associated paperwork.
- Maintains competency in caring for patients of all age groups and developmental stages.
- Keys in EOB's on a weekly basis
- Takes a total Pharmacy inventory at the end of the fiscal year.
QUALITY ASSURANCE RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Effectively uses the electronic medical record for charting purposes and telephone contacts.
- Keeps client medical records updated for reviews, audits and contact purposes.
- Participates in Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement projects as needed or requested
- Works as a team member within an assigned primary care team.
- Communicates clearly, concisely and accurately, creating a working climate that provides growth and job satisfaction of personnel.
- Uses professional courtesy when communicating with patients, team members, other co- workers and community members.
- Works collaboratively with other Health Center staff in meeting accreditation and other regulatory and/or funding requirements.
- Demonstrates initiative, the ability to work with others, professional judgment, and the effective performance of other related duties as required.
- Must comply with HIPAA guidelines.
- High school diploma or GED, required.
- Certificate from hospital-based pharmacy technical training program, junior college graduate or State certification as Pharmacy Technician.
- Two to five years' experience preferred in clinical setting of primary care.
- Current Pharmacy Technician licensure in the state of Montana.
- CPR certified.
- Knowledge of computer technical skills and relevant software applications.
- Good communication skills.
- Experience in diverse cultures preferred.
- Effective communication skills, ability to work with the public and teach effectively.
- High interpersonal skills necessary to work productively with patients, families, other clinic staff and other health care providers in the community.
- Typical ability to remember amount and type of information necessary to complete job duties and follow policies and procedures.
- Typical ability to handle issues and make decisions under normal time pressures.
Fluent in the English language. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex documents. Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The ability to see distinctions in colors and shapes is also required. This position is moderately active and requires standing and walking for the duration of the shift.
1) Work indoors in heat-controlled environment 95% of the time.
This description is intended to describe the essential job functions and the essential requirements for the performance of this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and requirements of a person so classified. Other functions may be assigned and management retains the right to add or change the duties at any time.