Plans and implements specific treatment programs for patients according to the principles and practices of massage therapy and in collaboration with the health care team. Supports the mission, vision, and values of Elliot Hospital/Elliot Health Systems and Elliot Occupational Health Services.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Ability to deliver patient care in a manner that is appropriate to patient's age, physical ability and intellectual development.
- Ability to perform job alone following standard practices and any of several procedures, but refer questionable cases when they arise out of standard practice.
- Ability to demonstrate courtesy, compassion and respect in relating to patients, families, visitors, physicians, students and coworkers.
- Ability to communicate effectively and establish a cooperative, collaborative working environment.
- Ability to accept constructive feedback and initiate appropriate actions to correct situations.
- Ability to provide a calm, supportive and therapeutic environment for patients/employees.
- Ability to manage periodic episodes of heavy workload or stress.
- Ability to respond appropriately to unexpected situations.
- Must be knowledgeable of the Massage Association Code of Ethics and state licensure law and practice act.
- Education: Graduate of an accredited educational program for Massage Therapy (accredited by the American Massage Therapy Association) required.
- Experience: A minimum of two (2) years post graduate professional clinical practice preferred. Prior experience working in conjunction with other medical professionals also preferred.
- Certification/Licensure: Licensed by the New Hampshire Department of Health and Human Services required. Health Care Provider CPR, current accreditation by the National Certification Board of therapeutic Massage and Body Works (NCBTMB) desirable, ASTM certification highly desirable, professional membership in AMTA or ABMP highly desired. Experience within an industrial or athletic training setting is highly desirable.
Schedule: Typically Monday through Friday, ability to flex time to meet the needs of clients. May include: 6:00am starts and occasional late evening ends.