This position requires familiarity with the terminology of the office unit. The General Clerk II selects appropriate methods from a wide variety of procedures or makes simple adaptations and interpretations of a limited number of substantive guides and manuals. The clerical steps often vary in type or sequence, depending on the task. Recognized problems are referred to others.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Assists in a variety of administrative matters and maintains a wide variety of records
- Verifies customers' documentation for accuracy and completeness.
- Compiles information and handles and adjusts complaints.
- Chooses among widely varying methods and procedures to process complex transactions
- Interfaces with personnel to coordinate meetings, maintain logs, records and files, provides end-user support, and performs general administrative duties.
- Responsible for filing, sorting, storing historical and other documents in support of Installation Personal Property Office client's requirement.
- One year of general office experience
- Communication skills
- Office equipment skills such as faxing and photocopying
- Organizational skills to balance work and prioritize tasks
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Must be a high school graduate or possess equivalency diploma
- Take reasonable care for the Health and Safety of yourself and other persons who may be affected by your actions or omissions.
- Observe and comply with company's Health, Safety, and Environmental Policies at all times.
- Conform to all Safety Instructions given by those with a higher responsibility for Health and Safety.
- Report all hazards, potential hazards or dangerous situations, including damaged or mislaid personal protective equipment to your supervisor or Safety Representative.
- Report Environmental impacts, anything that results in a change to the Environment as a result of Valiant's activities, products or services.
- Participate in the achievement of Valiant's QHSE objectives and targets, both those at departmental and company level.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
DIRECT REPORTS: NOCORE VALUES:
INTEGRITY - Honesty, Trust and Respect in every situation
EXCELLENCE - Performance, Effectiveness, Quality, and Safety in everything we do
INNOVATION - Embracing new ideas and best practice in every service that we provide
Valiant Integrated Services is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.