Under the direction of the Supervising Physician, the Physician Assistant/Nurse Practitioner (PA-C)/(NP-C) is responsible for providing general care to patients of all ages. This position attends to patient needs with utmost patience, care, compassion, and understanding while performing tasks such as conducting tests, recording medical histories, providing treatments, assisting physicians, and enhancing public awareness on the importance of health. The PA-C/NP must demonstrate professionalism through adherence to Ogden Clinic mission, vision, and values.
1. Provide professional and courteous service to all "customers" of Ogden Clinic. Customers include all Ogden Clinic patients, affiliates, providers, administration, employees, co-workers, insurance company representatives, and all other vendor representatives.
2. Meet behavioral expectations and support the dignity of all persons. Also, responsible for the stewardship of resources.
3. Ensure applicable regulatory requirements are complied with and follow guidelines that maintain safety for oneself, patients, visitors, and co-workers.
4. Study, understand, and adhere to all Clinic Policies and Procedures and OSHA guidelines.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Contribute to physician's effectiveness by identifying short-term and long-range patient care issues that must be addressed, providing information and commentary pertinent to deliberations, recommending options and courses of action, and implementing physician directives.
2. Assess patient health by interviewing patients; performing physical examinations; and obtaining, updating, and reviewing medical histories.
3. Determine abnormal conditions by administering or ordering diagnostic tests such as x-rays, electrocardiograms, and laboratory studies.
4. Interpret test results of diagnostic tests.
5. Document patient care services by charting in patient and department records.
6. Perform therapeutic procedures by administering injections and immunizations, suturing, and managing wounds and infections.
7. Instruct and counsel patients by describing therapeutic regimens, giving normal growth and development information, discussing family planning, providing counseling on emotional problems of daily living, and promoting wellness and health maintenance.
8. Provide continuity of care by developing and implementing patient management plans.
9. Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
10. Protect patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
11. Comply with federal, state, and local legal and professional requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
12. Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
1. Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related tasks as needed.
2. Maintain confidentiality of patient records and employee/co-worker information.
1. EDUCATION: Graduate of an accredited PA educational program or Master's degree in nursing, including National Certification and Utah State Licensure.
2. LANGUAGE: Proficient in reading and interpreting documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Able to write routine reports and correspondence and speak effectively before groups of customers or employees.
3. Mathematical skills: Able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide simple equations.
4. Reasoning skills: Able to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions in written, oral, or diagram form. Also able to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
5. Vision requirements: able to adjust focus.
6. Effectively manage multiple tasks simultaneously with frequent interruptions.
7. Computer knowledge with experience in basic word processing required.
8. General office equipment and procedure knowledge required.
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.