Microchip Technology Inc. is a leading provider of embedded control applications. Our product portfolio comprises general purpose and specialized 8-bit, 16-bit, and 32-bit microcontrollers, 32-bit microprocessors, field-programmable gate array (FPGA) products, a broad spectrum of high-performance linear, mixed-signal, power management, thermal management, radio frequency (RF), timing, safety, security, wired connectivity and wireless connectivity devices, as well as serial Electrically Erasable Programmable Read Only Memory (EEPROM), Serial Flash memories, Parallel Flash memories, and serial Static Random Access Memory (SRAM). We also license Flash-IP solutions that are incorporated in a broad range of products.
Microsemi's, a Microchip company, Discrete Products Group (DPG) offers one of the industry's most comprehensive power and RF/microwave discrete semiconductor product portfolios. The DPG encompasses two business units, the Power Discrete & Modules BU and the RF/Microwave Discretes BU. Markets that the PDM & RF/MW Discretes BU's address include: alternative energy, industrial, medical, defense, commercial aviation, communications, embedded systems, motor control, power solutions, sensors and security. Microsemi offers a comprehensive portfolio of semiconductor and system solutions for communications, defense & security, aerospace and industrial markets.
Our products in Simsbury include industry leading RF products such as:
- Surface Acoustic Wave (SAW) components and modules.
- SAW dispersive delay line modules for RADAR pulse compression.
- Voltage Controlled SAW Oscillators (VCSO) with exceptionally low phase noise performance.
Are you a new engineering graduate (last 2 years) interested in a fast-paced company? Do you have a major in Electrical Engineering? If so, Microsemi invites you to apply for an engineering position in our Product Engineering Team at our Simsbury, CT location. As a new Engineer, you will get hands-on experience in your educational field, you will learn to apply your studies to real-world situations, and you will gain an understanding of the ever-changing industry. Training opportunities exist that are tailored to meet your professional goals and aspirations and provide you with the specific information about this job.
Working side-by-side with some of the brightest minds and most innovative people in the industry, you won't just fill a position. You'll be given an opportunity to work on a team where your contributions matter. If you have a good idea - it has no borders at Microsemi. And as a new Product Engineer, you will be challenged and encouraged to discover the power of innovation. In this role, you will work with a team of senior design and test engineers and you will be involved with the introduction of new RF products, and will support sustaining product engineering efforts. Your role will consist of developing product validation and production tests plans, the creation of evaluation board to verify product performance, and the creation and release of production documentation including the technical content for product datasheets. The successful candidate will collaborate with Design, Process and Test Engineering and the Product Line Manager to ensure optimal execution of test plans, validation testing, verification of test results, datasheet content, datasheet accuracy and the production release of a complete documentation package. You will work closely with operations and offshore manufacturing to develop and document product manufacturing flow.
We can offer you:
- Challenging work that provides clear objectives, continuous feedback
- Mentors who offer guidance and support for your overall career goals
- Opportunities to apply your technical education in an environment with a variety of processes / products
- This is a full-time position
If this sounds like the kind of environment you'd like to participate in, we'd like to hear from you!
- The product engineer is responsible for managing new product introduction and sustaining product support engineering for a specific product or group of products after transfer from design to in-house or outsourced production.
- Successful execution of product release plan according to schedule.
- Defining package requirements for product, assuring compliance with customer and internal Quality and Reliability requirements.
- Execute all aspects of product release including the documentation, BOMs, datasheets, manufacturing flow, test plans and product costing.
- Generate and/or revise production tests plans to verify product performance.
- Develop Test Set up and coordinate lab RF measurements.
- Analyze and organize validation test data and create datasheet graphs.
- Design/Layout RF/Microwave test boards for product evaluation and for automated test equipment use.
- Interface with design, process, test, reliability and manufacturing engineering to solve product issues and production problems.
- Post release product yield analysis and manufacturing flow optimization.
- Post release failure analysis and corrective action management to address yield as needed.
- Design, run and document results of experiments under the direction of senior engineers. Experience with Design of Experiments is a plus.
- Must keep accurate records of all activities related to running process experiments or making process changes.
- Work on other projects or responsibilities as assigned.
- BS in Electrical Engineering or Physics.
- Ability and experience programming a personal computer.
- Good Microsoft Office skills with proficiency in Excel.
- Familiarity with characterization data collection/crunching and statistical capability analysis using common tools such as Excel or Minitab.
- Strong failure analysis techniques and efficient problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills with ability to prepare and present technical data and report on engineering concepts to team members.
- Must possess or be able to obtain (at company's expense) a Secret level clearance.
- US Citizenship is a prerequisite
- Experience programming in Visual Basic and Matlab.
- Experience with database software such as Microsoft Access or SQL server.
- Working knowledge of RF circuitry, PCBs and test fixtures.
- Prior knowledge /experience using standard lab equipment: network analyzer, spectrum analyzer, noise figure meter, power meter, oscilloscopes, RF signal generators, multimeters.
- Familiarity with statistical methods such as: Hypothesis testing, Design of Experiments, Statistical Process Control and Gage R&R.
- Experience in a wafer fabrication and/or electronics assembly environment.
- Experience, coursework, or knowledge of best-practice engineering principles.
- Ability to think out-of-the-box and create unique solutions to problems.
Citizenship/Permanent US Residency requirements:
This job requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by the export laws of the United States and that are classified. Candidates are required to provide proof of US citizenship and be able to obtain a secret level clearance.
Microchip is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer of Disabled / Veterans / Minorities / Women. We provide equal employment and affirmative action opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected under applicable federal, state or local laws.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, please refer to the EEO is the Law Poster and the EEO is the Law Poster Supplement. Please also refer to the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please send us an email here with "Applicant Accommodation Request" in the subject line of the email. Alternatively, you may call us at 480-730-7330 to let us know the nature of your request.