Welcome to Western Connecticut Health Network, a comprehensive group of Hospitals, Medical Practices and Home Care designed to know our patients well. WCHN is comprised of Danbury, New Milford, and Norwalk Hospital as well as Western Connecticut Home Care, and Western Connecticut Medical Group. We are united by our mission to improve the health and well-being of those who live in the communities we proudly call home. We believe our dedicated and talented employees are the cornerstone of providing the best in patient care, and we are seeking qualified and compassionate individuals to enhance the delivery of care to the communities we serve.Summary:
Provides nursing services to individuals and families by providing specific nursing procedures to the care of the ill as well as demonstrating principles of healthful living in homes and clinics. The Primary Care Nurse (PCN) assumes responsibility for the family and the patient, with the LPN assisting in care and reinforcing earlier teaching so that nursing services adequate to meet nursing needs are maintained. Work is performed under the direction of and carried out with continuous guidance from an RN/PCN.Responsibilities:
1. Provides direct skilled nursing care under the supervision of an RN in accordance with physician's orders and Plan of Care developed by the PCN.
2. Observes and identifies changing individual and family health needs in ongoing situations. Reports these changes to the RN/PCN.
3. Assists in evaluating outcomes of patient care by reviewing goals set in plan of care utilizing care steps and physicians' orders.
4. Reinforces selected patient education as implemented by the RN/PCN.
5. Provides ongoing supervision to Home Health Aides in selected patient situations only as directed by an RN.
6. Visits selected pre and postnatal patients in their homes to demonstrate and instruct patients in the care of infants as well as providing selected nursing service in relation to the maternity cycle.
7. Interprets programs of service and policies of the Agency to individuals, families and personnel of other agencies.
8. Participates in selected case conferences and staff meetings.
9. Participates in Agency in-service education including mandatory training and updates such as those required by OSHA.
10. Documents in clinical record and prepares reports as indicated.
11. Participates in Agency Quality Management Program.
12. Fulfills all compliance responsibilities related to the position.
13. Performs other duties as assigned.Other information:Required:Minimum Experience:
one year , Licensed Practical NurseDesired:Location:
Danbury-100 Saw Mill RoadOrg Unit:
Licensed Practical NurseWork Type:
Day 8Exempt from Overtime:
- HS Graduate or Equivalent
- Significant manual skills / motor coord & finger dexterity
- Some occupational risk
- Extremely heavy effort. May exert > 125 lbs. of force
- Some exposure to dirt, odors, noise, human waste, etc.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Qualified Applicants are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other classification protected under applicable Federal, State or Local law.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please contact Human Resources at 203-739-7330 (for reasonable accommodation requests only). Please provide all information requested to assure that you are considered for current or future opportunities.