Welcome to Western Connecticut Health Network, a comprehensive group of Hospitals, Medical Practices and Home Care designed to know our patients well. WCHN is comprised of Danbury, New Milford, and Norwalk Hospital as well as Western Connecticut Home Care, and Western Connecticut Medical Group. We are united by our mission to improve the health and well-being of those who live in the communities we proudly call home. We believe our dedicated and talented employees are the cornerstone of providing the best in patient care, and we are seeking qualified and compassionate individuals to enhance the delivery of care to the communities we serve.Summary:
Under the supervision of clinical education faculty; simulates medical scenarios or cases in teaching and/or assessment activities for health-care professionals and students to learn a variety of clinical skills and procedures.Responsibilities:
1. Simulate medical scenarios with realism in a standardized, accurate and reliable manner.
2. Provide written or oral feedback on medical scenarios to all learners and Spratt Center staff.
3. Participate in training for standardized medical scenarios.
4. Participate in the set up and break down of any simulation activities occurring in the Spratt Center.
5. Observe real-time simulations and/or videotaped simulations to ensure the standards for portrayal are maintained.
6. Fulfills all compliance responsibilities related to the position.
7. Performs other duties as assigned.Other information:Required:
Ability to learn clinical skills in a limited capacity; to accurately assess learner performance of clinical skills; communicate effectively both orally and in writing with a diverse population of learners; Flexible and reliable with scheduling and assignments; operates a computer and related software applications; exercise discretion and ensure a high-level of confidentiality; willingness to work cooperatively with learners, educators and staff.Minimum Experience:
zero to six monthsDesired:
Ability to recall information at 95% accuracy.Location:
Danbury-24 Hospital AveWork Schedule:
Day 8, May float between Danbury, New Milford and Norwalk Hospitals. Hours: Per Diem; variable shifts between 9 am - 5 pm with occasional off shifts and weekends.Exempt from Overtime:
Exempt: NoWork Type:
- HS Graduate or Equivalent
- Little or no manual skills / motor coord & finger dexterity
- Little or no potential for occupational risk
- Medium to Heavy effort. May exert up to 35 lbs. force
- Generally pleasant working conditions.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Qualified Applicants are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other classification protected under applicable Federal, State or Local law.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please contact Human Resources at 203-739-7330 (for reasonable accommodation requests only). Please provide all information requested to assure that you are considered for current or future opportunities.