Meet our professionals
Build a Career that Matters at CGI's Lafayette CenterPosition Description:
CGI Federal is seeking individuals, including recent college graduates, for Senior-Level Application Developer position. We are actively pursuing development of new features to our products to market in an aggressive campaign. The successful candidate will support CGI products as well as various projects within the Federal government. CGI is more than just an IT consulting company; we are a global organization offering a world of opportunities. Become part of a unique culture that gives you the freedom to innovate, to make decisions, to achieve your full potential and to chart your own career!Your future duties and responsibilities:
The Application Developer is responsible for developing and maintaining both new and existing applications. Whether you're troubleshooting a software defect, enhancing an existing application or developing a new solution you should be able to dig into frameworks and libraries to deliver coherent solutions in line with the overall architecture of the application landscape. The successful candidate will be a member of a high-performing multi-site agile team and must be self-motivated with a strong work ethic, time-management, and interpersonal skills. The successful candidate must have demonstrated effective communication skills.Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
- Academic background in computer science, computer engineering or comparable work experience
- 5+ Years Experience with Java and the Java Development Ecosystem, including Maven, Spring/JEE, Testing Frameworks, etc.
- Experience Developing on Linux and Windows
- Ability to bring projects to completion in a timely manner
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to learn and understand the nature of business
- Able to communicate effectively with non-technical staff and with members of interdisciplinary teams.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Experience with Microservices Architectures and RESTful web services
- Core Web Development Skills (HTML, CSS, HTTP, etc.)
- Ruby and RAILS
- Docker Experience
- AWS, Azure, or VMware Experience and CertificationsGIT source control
- JIRA experience
- CGI is unable to sponsor international hires for this position.
What you can expect from us:
- Angular 2
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change - supporting our clients' digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.