SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Is your current role providing you the level of challenge and fulfillment you are looking for? If not, consider the Trident Health, committed to building a health community across the greater Charleston area and the Lowcountry. The core of our values emanates from our continued focus on improving the health and quality of life for residents in the communities we serve. To accomplish this we aim to identify top talent aligned with our values and dedicated to cultivating our mission.
We invite you to learn more about the fantastic opportunity, who we are and how you can join our dynamic team. Trident Health is a 407-bed HCA hospital system comprised of two acute care hospitals - Trident Medical Center and Summerville Medical Center - as well as two free standing emergency departments - Centre Pointe Emergency and Moncks Corner Medical Center. The Joint Commission recently named Trident Health as one of the nation's top hospitals for quality and safety for the fourth year in a row. We want you to join our tradition of excellence. Intrigued?
We'd love to hear from you. Come join our team of dedicated professionals that are committed to delivering the best patient care in the world. Why don't you apply now?
Click here for our 2018 Year-End Celebration
We offer you a generous compensation package including: competitive pay, paid time off, 401k, medical, dental vision and life insurance, tuition reimbursement and employee stock purchase plan.
We are searching for a Registered Nurse for a full time night shift (7p-7a) position on our state-of-the-art Critical Care Unit. The Critical Care RN is responsible to the Nursing Director/Charge Nurse for the delivery of quality patient care utilizing the nursing process. Apply your nursing knowledge derived from education and experience as foundation for patient care, communication, and documentation on the unit.
Essential Core Functions:
- Provide quality patient care, in keeping with the philosophy and objectives of the hospital and department.
- Maintain and support the standards of nursing care and practice in order to meet the health care needs of patients, their families and the community.
- Prescribes, delegates and coordinates all nursing care provided to assigned patients and is responsible for meeting all standards associated with performance, nursing practice and nursing care.
Under general supervision the RN staff nurse provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies and procedures of Trident Health System. In collaboration with the patient, the patients family and other members of the health care team, the clinical RN assesses, plans, implements, evaluates, and coordinates treatment plans. The Critical Care Department RN manages of adolescent, adult, geriatric critical care patients in accordance with established policy and procedure.
- Use therapeutic communication in daily practice.
- Maintain a safe and therapeutic Intensive Care environment.
- Implement and direct care, using the nursing process with emphasis on the needs of individual ICU patients.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the nursing process.
- Provide emotional support of the patient and significant others to make informed choices regarding health care.
- Promote an ICU environment that treats patients and families with dignity, respect and appreciation of their lifestyle, religion and culture.
- Maintain high quality, age specific care for adolescent, adult, and geriatric patients as assigned.
- Delegate tasks to the appropriate caregiver.
- Participate in Cardiovascular Department specific initiatives and process improvement.
- Provide supervision of new employees, patient care assistants, vocational nurses, nurse technicians, student nurses, and / or nurse interns.
- Support the mission, vision, and values of the organization.
Job may include direct supervision of students at the discretion of the area supervisor. Employee must have the same licensure or have completed the same training to satisfy the requirements of the discipline of the student. Direct supervision means the primary caregiver is readily available to the student throughout the shift.