The Video/Teleconferencing Technician (VTT) operates, schedules, coordinates, troubleshoots, and monitors all equipment and systems associated with the Department of Energy (DOE) Savannah River Operations Office (DOE-SR) Video Teleconference (VTC) Network.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties and Responsibilities consist of but are not limited to the following:
- Manages and controls all items associated with the VTC Network to include accounting for, properly handling, controlling, and storing those items.
- Acts as the single-point-of-contact for scheduling and coordinating VTC activities involving DOE-SR, DOE-SR federal employees, and DOE-SR support service contractor employees.
- Schedules video teleconferences and ensures that all VTC equipment is working properly. Reports all non-functioning equipment immediately to the DOE Task Manager.
- Accounts and maintains logs for all VTC equipment. Maintains a tracking database current with information regarding the Life Cycle Management of property and services provided to the customer.
- Maintains the required records, both electronic and paper, to show the audit trail and life cycle management information on equipment and services provided to all customers.
- Documents and logs all VTC appointments using the automated bridging conferencing network equipment.
- Ensures that proper facilities are available for the necessary placement of wiring for both voice and data circuits to meet the needs of the telephone service request (TSR) for new service.
- Prepares TSRs for processing and maintains an appropriate filing system that incorporates the current and completed requests.
- Ensures that a Telecommunications Work Request form (SR 212) is completed for telephone services after having validated the requirement on the approved SR 212. Provides information on the SR 212 to telecommunication personnel and tracks the status of all outstanding requests.
- Coordinates the provision of telephone services including relocating telephones, FAX, modem lines, cellular phones.
- Inventories DOE-SR telecommunication equipment.
- Records and tracks request on a specified automated system and provide management reports to the Project Manager as requested for services performed.
- Receives and processes requests for DOE site pagers, radios and nationwide pagers.
- Assists in the provisioning of smartphones devices. (i.e. blackberries, iPhones, iPads, etc.)
- Perform other duties as assigned by IT Project Manager.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Relevant qualifications are discussed in the sections below. These requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- Must be a high school graduate.
- Must have adequate experience working with VTC equipment to enable the performance of all essential duties and responsibilities listed above.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Must be a U.S. citizen. Proof of citizenship must be provided at the time of hire.
- Current driver's license required.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain an L-level security clearance.
- Must be able to perform each of the essential duties and responsibilities discussed above thoroughly and independently.
- Must be able to manage time efficiently and be able to track and fulfill many service requests simultaneously.
- Must demonstrate ethics, responsibility, confidentiality, professionalism, punctuality, consistent dependability, and organizational skills.
- Must be able to work professionally with individuals and diverse groups.
- Must possess an excellent command of the English language in verbal and written forms.
- Must possess good communication skills, including the ability to comprehend and convey detailed technical data.
- Must be able to clearly articulate ideas and thoughts verbally.
- Must be able to prepare written reports that are accurate coherent, grammatically correct, effective, and professional.
- Should be able to perform basic arithmetic.
- Must demonstrate and apply common sense and understanding to carry out instructions furnished in oral, written, or diagram/schematic form.
- Must be able to read, understand, and follow operating instructions and schematics.
- Must be able to conduct basic VTC equipment troubleshooting.
- Must have demonstrable fluency with computers, software, and general office equipment.
- Must be proficient in the Microsoft Office suite.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; sit; stoop; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work is primarily in the standard office environment with a low noise level.