SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Experience a higher degree of patient care at Largo Medical Center, part of the HCA West and Central Florida hospital system. Our 455-bed acute care hospital is located on two campuses - in mid-Pinellas County on the West Coast of Florida, providing medical care for the residents of Largo, and the nearby cities of Clearwater, Seminole, St. Petersburg and the Gulf Beach communities. We are the only area hospital with all private patient rooms.
HCA is dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues. We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are currently looking for an ambitious Transporter to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential here!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program and an employee stock purchase program. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity
The Monitor Tech monitors patients' EKG waveforms in a centralized monitoring station. The position's tasks and responsibilities include:
- Interprets Rhythms and Arrhythmias.
- Reports all changes in heart rate/rhythm to appropriate nursing staff.
- Maintains Telemetry Supplies.
- Records patient condition utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Performs duties with full understanding of related age specific factors.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Required Job Qualifications Include:
- High School Graduate or equivalent.
- BLS Healthcare Provider.
- Completion of Basic EKG/Arrhythmia course. Demonstrated ability to interpret cardiac rhythms and arrhythmias.
- Working knowledge of medical terminology.
- CMT/Cardiac Experience Preferred.
- Minimum 1 year of experience as a monitor tech in a hospital setting.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Ability to remain focused and maintain concentration over extended period of time.Ability to quickly make decisions to report patient condition with minimal supervision.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.