Our continued growth and success has allowed us to provide exciting career opportunities for passionate, customer focused, and highly motivated individuals. The Healthcare Imaging & Surgical Laser Specialist position is a new and exciting role responsible for delivering distinctive customer service to surgeons and healthcare facilities to support ultrasound imaging and medical laser procedures. Join our company - you CAN make a difference.
JOB LOCATION: Charlotte, NC
- Demonstrate a detailed understanding of anatomy and pathology
- Demonstrate good working knowledge of the equipment and equipment installation, including ultrasound
- Demonstrate ability to interact with radiologists in discussing and interpreting results of radiological and ultrasound scans
- Deliver and set up equipment
- Review customer and medical procedure requirements and take necessary steps to deliver a successful case
- Perform pre-operative checklist and ensure that all equipment is in proper working order
- Calibrate and monitor equipment during medical procedures
- Provide technical guidance to surgeons and staff
- Communicate effectively with surgeon during each case regarding equipment settings
- Conduct troubleshooting if equipment is not functioning properly
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including early mornings/ late evenings due to surgery schedules
- Ability to travel frequently; some overnight travel required
- Must have a valid driver's license and good driving record
- Ability to push, pull, and manipulate over 50 pounds of medical equipment
- Prior medical or surgical background, EMT training or military background preferred
- Professional demeanor
- Education / Certificates / Licenses / Registrations: High school graduate or equivalent required. Graduate of a formally accredited Diagnostic Medical Sonography Program. Must be an active Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (RDMS) through the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS). Must have valid driver's license and acceptable driving record.
- Experience: Previous ultrasound experience preferred
- Knowledge: Detailed knowledge of anatomy, physiology and pathology needed. Basic computer skills required.
- Skills/Abilities: Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to focus on subtle details while working quickly and in conjunction with surgeon and hospital staff. Ability to carry out responsibilities independently and work effectively as part of a team. Must demonstrate a high degree of professionalism, dependability, and flexibility to meet business and scheduling needs. Strong aptitude for problem solving and troubleshooting.
Benefits of working at ForTec Medical
- Independent working atmosphere.
- Build relations with physicians and medical professionals at multiple medical facilities.
- Train with the top medical technologies.
- 401k plan with generous company match (to qualified employees).
- Benefits for full time employees: medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance.
- Health and Wellness Rewards Program.
- Generous PTO allowance.
Join ForTec Medical - make YOUR impact today!
- Computer Skills
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
- Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
- Flexibility: Inspired to perform well when granted the ability to set your own schedule and goals
- Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help