We are seeking hard working, motivated, and energetic individuals to work for a wood pallet logistics site. The positions available under Skilled Warehouse Production Worker are Machine Pallet Sort, Industrial Painter, Bandsaw Operator, Quality Auditor, and Wood Pallet Repairer. These positions require constant standing, bending, stooping, walking and the ability to lift and handle material with weight up to 75 pounds or more frequently throughout the day. These positions do require the ability to do repetitive work, as well as comprehensive knowledge of general construction type repair methods, the proper utilization and care of power tools, materials, and industrial machinery.
- 1st Shift: 6:00 am to 2:30 pm (Monday thru Friday)
- 2nd Shift: 3:30 pm to 12:00 am (Monday thru Friday)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- If assigned to machine operator, you are responsible for the safe operation and maintenance of assigned machinery while following all outlined policies and procedures related to such equipment.
- If assigned to bandsaw operation, you are responsible for the teardown of wood pallets using the bandsaw machine, while following all outlined policies and procedure related to such equipment.
- If assigned to pallet repair, you are responsible for the repair of customer's pallets, ensuring production and quality standards are met. This requires the ability to dismantle wood pallets through the use of a hand saw, while using other power tools like nail guns for repair.
- If assigned to the painter position, you are responsible for painting pallets as a part of the overall quality repair of pallets.
- Responsible for maintaining a clean work environment-sweeping debris around warehouse and dock areas.
- Ensure compliance and follow all safety and Propak policies and procedures.
- Responsible for all other duties as assigned to support and improve the overall team operations.
- Reporting relationships, work assignments, and work schedules are subject to change to meet the company needs and business requirements.
- Teamwork and cooperation are required for proper job performance.
- The ability to meet fast-paced productivity goals and standards.
- The ability to work in a physically demanding warehouse environment
- Must have the ability to show up to work on your scheduled days. Attendance at work is an essential function of this job. Our customers' needs Propak employees to be reliable and meet our weekly goals and numbers.
- Must be open to learning new skills. If you do not have prior experience, we are willing to train the right candidate.
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Reliability - The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
- Responsible - Ability to be held accountable or answerable for one's conduct.
- Safety Awareness - Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Education: High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED): Preferred
- Experience: No prior experience necessary but prior experience in a warehouse or construction environment preferred
- Computer Skills: not required but preferred
Propak Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request, by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.