The Cure4TheKids Accountability Creed
We are reliable, trustworthy and act with integrity
- We stand ready to be counted upon to do the right thing for the health and highest interest of our patients, our team and for the organization.
- We own and are responsible for our actions and outcomes.
- We take responsibility for our own work and efforts and do not assign cause or blame toward others for the results we are generating.
- We hold ourselves accountable for the Patient Experience. We are answerable as individuals and team members for all interactions our patients have with our organization, we are in charge of patient perceptions, across the continuum of care we provide.
We are transparent and open in our communication both individually and as a team.
- We are open and respectful in our communication. We do not speak poorly of others and bring our challenges and grievances openly to our team and manager.
We are responsible for doing our part for patient outcomes through continuous quality improvement and service excellence
- We are focused on personal, professional and clinical excellence and improving our skills and awareness as a contributing team member. We are open to feedback and training to improve ourselves and the organization.
If you said yes to all of these questions and feel you can add to our culture, please keep reading…
Important/Critical to the interview process to be considered for our team:
The following Accountability Creed is a crucial part of our culture and interview process. We consider our initial interactions as a mutual interview. Are you right for us and are we right for you. Be prepared to speak about how you feel about being part of a culture that embodies this creed. If in the initial phone interview, when you are asked to share your thoughts about the Accountability Creed, if you are unclear or do not recall reading it, you will not proceed in the interview process.
WHAT IT TAKES TO BE PART OF OUR TEAM
Are you an exceptional Registered Nurse who absolutely thrives on being part of an accountable team? Can you dedicate yourself to being part of a team serving the needs of children and their families? Do you bring the highest standards of integrity and professionalism to your team? Do you thrive in an environment where you are valued and appreciated for who you are, how hard you work and for that something special you bring to the teams you choose to work with? Are you looking for an organization that offers competitive compensation and one of the broadest and most comprehensive benefit packages available in the field of healthcare?
This is a role that requires a multi-disciplinary team approach to solving problems and patient challenges. We frown upon elitists who often use the phrase "that's not my job" or "someone else can do it". The primary goal is to bring the best patient care and experience for our area's sickest children, not about feeding anyone's ego.
ESSENTIAL ACCOUNTABILITY AND EXPECTATIONS:
- Maintaining a high level of professionalism on the job and projecting this professionalism to the Board, all team members (employed and volunteers), parents/patients, partners and stakeholders at all times.
- Creating and maintaining good working relationships with organizational leaders and team members.
- Building relationships that will support fulfilling current patient needs and maximize our potential with new patients and organizations in the future.
- Checking emails and responding appropriately.
- Participating in mandatory training.
- Creating and maintaining a gossip free environment.
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment.
- Knowing, aligning with, and striving to achieve the organization's vision and mission statements via the Accountability Creed
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepares, administers, and documents medications and therapies according to established policy and procedures.
- Performs scrub duties related to instrumentation, set up and procure as defined by policy.
- Communicates data to other members of the Health Care Team.
- Establishes interpersonal relationships with patients; provides information and supporting teaching to patient and families.
- Directs patient care activities of other health care workers and ancillary personnel in accordance with the scope of their practice and organizational policy. Ensures appropriate resources, equipment and supplies are available.
- Assists in the orientation of team members and students.
- Performs other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
EDUCATION, WORK EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Graduate of an accredited Registered Nurse program required, BSN preferred
- Current Nevada State RN license required, or ability to obtain one before employment
- At least one (1) year of pediatric or PICU experience preferred
- Minimum of one (1) year bedside nursing in past 2 years preferred
- Minimum of one (1) year hospital experience within the last three years required
- One year of direct patient care RN experience required, pediatric oncology or oncology experience highly preferred
- CPHON or other oncology certification highly preferred
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support and Pediatric Advanced Life Support certifications required
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Bi-lingual in Spanish desirable