SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
SCHEDULE: Full-timeParkridge Valley West- Chattanooga, TN
Member of the TriStar Division of HCA
Our Mission- Above all else, we're committed to the care and improvement of human life.
For us, it's all about people. Here at HCA, you will find that caring extends to our patients, employees, and the communities we serve. It is demonstrated by industry leading patient satisfaction scores, defined pathways for your personal and professional growth, and the impact of the over 30,000 volunteer hours we provide annually. Our dedication has led to awards of recognition including being named a World's Most Admired Company by Fortune Magazine.
Are you looking for an employer with many different career options and a people-focused culture? You've come to the right place. HCA at a glance
A few of the benefits we provide you:
About this opportunity:
- Industry Leading Clinical Training and Professional Academy- Emerging Leaders
- Tuition Reimbursement and Student Loan Forgiveness Programs
- 401k (3%-9% match based on tenure)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Full Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- New Extended Family Leave
- Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Hundreds of consumer discounts
- Financial Fitness Program with a Certified Financial Planner
The Parkridge Valley West Campus focuses on treatment of psychiatric and addiction issues in adults. Services include inpatient, outpatient programs and partial hospitalization programs for mental health and/or substance abuse. The Registered Nurse provides clinical, therapeutic, and administrative support to the child & adolescent behavioral health program.Job Duties:
- You will oversee and direct the care of psychiatric patients.
- You will be the primary nurse leading the collaboration of all disciplines for well-coordinated care for your patients.
- This Nurse oversees and directs the care of assisting personnel, maintaining final accountability for the care given to assigned patients.
- When the need arises, will perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- TriStar Parkridge Valley West Campus is a part of the HCA family and receive continued educations, family feel work environment, support of the nations largest healthcare provider, and career advancement opportunities within clinical leadership and or administrative leadership!
- Displays effective communication skills as evidenced by the ability to maintain therapeutic relationships with patients, families, physicians and staff.
- Is able to set limits as needed by recognizing potential behavior problems and does so in a caring and consistent manner.
- Utilizes knowledge of growth and development, psychopathology, and psychosocial systems.
- Has an accurate knowledge of psycho-dynamics and therapeutic processes as demonstrated by effective intervention and resolution of problems as they occur, and communication of the processes to others.
- Displays understanding of family dynamics by responding appropriately to family members when needed.
- Participate in the initiation of master treatment plan along with other key program staff.
- Attend treatment planning meetings and conferences to participate in patient's treatment process and progress.
- Participate in discharge planning and referrals.
You are encouraged to apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- RN License (required)
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider (required)
- Psychiatric or Behavioral Health Services experience preferred
- Crisis Prevention Intervention (CPI) required within 30 days of hire
Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing. Current Registered Nurse in the state of Tennessee. Behavioral Health experience preferred.
Parkridge Valley West, a behavioral health facility with Parkridge Health System, has served the Chattanooga/Jasper area for over 40 years, providing expertise in treating a broad range of mental health and chemical dependency issues for all ages.