This position is primarily supports physical therapy care delivery by preparing treatment area, patient, equipment and materials; performing procedures, under the supervision of a provider, a physical therapist, and their assistants.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
All duties performed will be done accurately and in a timely manner.
1. Prepares treatment room for patient by following prescribed procedures and protocols.
2. Prepares patients for physical therapy treatment by welcoming, comforting, providing and/or assisting patient into physical therapy apparel or apertures.
3. Provides information to patients by answering questions and requests; allaying fears.
4. Helps treat patients by applying heat packs; paraffin dips; assisting patients into whirlpool; helping patients onto exercise equipment, monitoring motion; tracking walking time and distance; measuring mobility; performing prescribed exercises and strengthening techniques.
5. Educates patients by demonstrating proper use of equipment and exercise routines.
6. Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
7. Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
8. Provides equipment and supplies by sterilizing and delivering equipment and supplies to treatment area; positioning equipment for therapist access; positioning patient on equipment.
9. Ensures operation of physical therapy equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instruction; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
10. Maintains physical therapy supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
11. Serves and protects by adhering to professional standards, hospital policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements, and GMGs standards.
12. Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
13. Enhances physical therapy department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
14. Perform agility testing for Occupational Medicine pre-employment physicals.
15. Verifies insurances for patient referrals.
16. Schedules patients for appointments.
17. Answer incoming phone calls when necessary and contact patients to reschedule missed appointments.
18. Forwards treatment notes to the proper individual for billing.
19. Maintains strict confidentiality of company, department, and patient information.
20. Other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or GED Certificate required. Graduate of an accredited Physical Therapy Technician, Physical Therapy Aide Specialist, Medical Assistant, or closely related program, preferred. CPR Certification required.
Minimum of one (1) year in a customer service related role required. Two (2) years preferred.
- Computer Skills: Knowledge of word-processing software, spreadsheet software; Internet software and database software.
Primarily treatment and exercise rooms. Exposure to communicable diseases, biohazards, and other conditions related to medical setting.
High level of physical demands including standing, walking, lifting, bending, and stooping. Helps lift, carry, and move equipment weighing up to 100 pounds. Must be able to transfer/transport patient safely. Occasional stress during heavy workload peaks.
Gonzaba Medical Group is seeking team members who:
- Contribute as A-Players.
- Demonstrate the 4 E's: Edge, Execute, Energy, and Energizer.
- Demonstrate a strong work ethic.
- Commit to the culture and core values of Gonzaba Medical Group.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor. Responsibilities, knowledge, skills, abilities, and work environments may change as needs evolve.