SHIFT: Evenings (rotating weekends)
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team.
We value your contributions. Our employee recognition programs encourage our teams to raise the bar. We are currently seeking a Central Sterile Processing Technician
to join our family. Come be a part of the change!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.The Woman's Hospital of Texas - Houston, TXCentral Sterile Processing Technician- Sterile Processing
Since 1976, The Woman's Hospital of Texas has been the state's premier facility dedicated to the health and well-being of women, newborns and children. The hospital's 397 beds offers expertise and outstanding care in breast health, imaging, gynecology, obstetrics, high-risk pregnancy, neonatology, minimally-invasive surgery and pediatric care.
The Woman's Hospital of Texas is affiliated with HCA Houston Healthcare, part of the HCA Healthcare Gulf Coast Division. The division is a comprehensive network of hospitals, outpatient surgery centers, emergency centers and diagnostic imaging facilities in greater Houston, Corpus Christi and South Texas. Facilities include: 17 hospitals, nine ambulatory care centers, 13 off-campus emergency centers, and a regional transfer center.What you will do in this role:
The position has the responsibility of supporting the mission of the hospital which is to provide patients with the highest quality of healthcare within an atmosphere of genuine caring.
- The Instrument Technician has the duties of cleaning, wrapping, sterilization, and caring for surgical instruments and devices used in the operating room and patient care areas.
- Knowledge of instrumentation
- Knowledge of decontamination of blood born pathogens
- Knowledge of sterilization techniques
- Must be detail oriented and capable of consistent accuracy in cleaning, sorting
- Properly packaging instruments and materials for sterilization.
- Prefer prior experience in Sterile Supply/Processing
- Willing to train new Grads from Sterile Processing School
- Works closely with other departments and all members of the health care team.
- Sonic Cleaner
- Steam Sterilizer
- Castle Autoclaves
- Ability to work independently in the sterile Processing Unit with prior experience in sterile processing and / or Schooling
- SPD training course or related experience preferred.
- Sterile Processing Certification preferred
HCA Healthcare ranks on Fortune's list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years and HCA ranks 63rd on the fortune 500 list. In addition Ethisphere named HCA as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies. We want you to join our tradition of excellence. Intrigued? We'd love to hear from you.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our recruiters. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.