The following are the duties of this position at the GS-13. If you are selected at a lower grade level, you will have the opportunity to learn to perform all these duties, and will receive training to help you grow in this position.
As a Policy Analyst, you will:
- Monitor developments related to financial stability in financial markets and financial institutions, including relevant legislative, regulatory, and policy developments;
- Prepare various types of written findings, including tables, narrative analyses, and reports;
- Assist other members of the Office of the Financial Stability Oversight Council in advising Treasury's Deputy Assistant Secretary for FSOC on emerging issues or risks involving financial institutions or financial markets that could impact financial stability;
- Assist in preparing written materials, including briefing papers, for use by senior Treasury officials, including for the purpose of meetings, speeches, and Congressional testimony;
- Assist in maintaining contacts with federal or state financial regulatory agencies or outside parties in connection with the development and implementation of policy proposals.