The Custodial Training Coordinator oversees training of consumers at the New Horizons campus site, providing them with the skills and supports they need to graduate from New Horizons and move into competitive independent employment. Additionally, the CTC is responsible for maintaining clean, well-maintained buildings and grounds in and around the New Horizons campus.
- Maintains the highest quality and customer service standards to ensure that all buildings on the NH Campus are clean. In collaboration with the Landscaping Training and Site Coordinator, ensures that the grounds are kept clean and orderly.
- Creates and implements a comprehensive training curriculum for client trainees in this division to ensure that they learn a wide array of transferable skills in the custodial field.
- Ensures that all clients are treated with dignity, respect, and provided with ample opportunities to meet their individualized work and personal goals. Assists staff in developing and implementing the individualized goals and objectives as appropriate.
- Works closely with the Facilities Manager to meet the needs of both our internal and external customers.
- Assists as needed with developing task analysis for specific jobs that a worker will perform, including assisting and completing production time studies required for the enclave site. Ensures contracts are set up according to the time studies consistently, including thorough knowledge of material storage areas.
- Ability to supervise in multiple locations and/or contracts during the course of any day at the community enclave site. Ability to supervise, prioritize and perform multiple tasks to meet customer demands.
- Completes projects under tight deadlines even when there are competing requirements and changes in assignments.
- Supervises, trains and creates work templates for the Day Porter position.
- Coordinates and works closely with the community business supervisor to ensure all company expectations are met.
- Participates in meetings, retreats, in-services, workshops, conferences, and committees as required.
- Maintains accurate time records and related documentation and submits paperwork by established deadlines.
- Presents as the primary point of contact for all client referrals for individuals interested in custodial training from the Regional Center, the Department of Rehabilitation, the LAUSD, and other key stakeholders in our area.
- Maintains case records up to CARF and funding source standards.
- Provides leadership for the new Client Services Oversight Committee.
- Completes follow-up documentation for each consumer, and keeps referral sources informed of issues, challenges, and progress.
- Analyzes data collected to determine best practices, areas for improvement and key indicators. Provides both antidotal and data driven information to the Leadership team.
- Manages a database of all active consumers and their families and keeps these key constituents informed and to receive input as needed.
- Represents agency standards for dress, grooming and demeanor.
- Assists with the coordination and implementation of all record keeping related to our clients.
- Transports consumers to and from job sites using assigned agency's 8-passenger vehicle.
- Provides moral support, encouragement, instruction, coaching, counseling, mentoring, and advocacy to ensure new clients will be successful at New Horizons.
- Completes all paperwork, documentation, or progress notes in a timely and correct manner.
- Attends meetings and trainings as directed by Facilities Manager.
- Maintains the highest professional and ethical standards at all times.
- Supports the Agency's mission and partners with others to accomplish the mission.
- Performs additional duties, as assigned.
This position directly supervises trainees and Day Porters. Performs supervisory responsibilities as assigned by the Facilities Administrator.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and /or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must have a comprehensive knowledge of working with all primary equipment associated with this position, including automatic floor scrubbers, power vacuums, floor strippers, etc.
- Extensive knowledge of cleaning products, techniques and standards.
The individual must have a reliable vehicle, proof of vehicle insurance, a valid California Driver License, and a driving record acceptable to the agency's insurance carrier. The individual must be able to drive agency's 8-passenger vans or take public transportation if need be.
A high school graduate or equivalent; four+ year of experience working with adults with special needs and/or special populations preferred.
Ability to read, write and interpret documents in English. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions in English. Bilingual Spanish speaking individual preferred.
This job operates in a professional office environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform this position's essential functions.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb or balance, and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up 20 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 60-70 pounds with assistance.