Sorrento Therapeutics Inc. is a fast growing, clinical stage, antibody-centric, biopharmaceutical company developing new therapies to turn malignant cancers into manageable and possibly curable diseases. Sorrento's multimodal, multipronged approach to fighting cancer is made possible by its extensive immuno-oncology platforms, including key assets such as fully human antibodies (G-MAB™ library), clinical stage immuno-cellular therapies (CAR-T), intracellular targeting antibodies (iTAbs), antibody-drug conjugates (ADC), and clinical stage oncolytic virus (Seprehvir®).
We attract smart people who play well with others. We're small enough for your ideas to make a big impact, and large enough to offer you opportunities to grow professionally at any stage of your career.
If you're a quick learner, enjoy working in the biotech industry, and share our mission of providing ground-breaking impact to medicine, each other, and our patients, Sorrento Therapeutics is the place for you!
To learn more about us, please visit us at http://www.sorrentotherapeutics.com/
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
We are looking for enthusiastic and talented individuals who thrive on challenge and change, who can roll up their sleeves, put on multiple hats and have a can-do attitude without a lot of oversight or instruction.
The successful candidate will build and develop a sales opportunities in an assigned geography for the US, exhibit territory management skills, have demonstrated a strong understanding of and use of data and have documented solid performance in sales, and cross functional partnerships/influence capabilities.
The incumbent will have the overall responsibility of meeting with clients, attending conferences, networking event generate RFP with the ultimate goal of converting opportunity to revenues. This position will require a strong ability to work independently in the field with a sophisticated Antibody Drug Conjugates customer base and coordinate with internal personnel to craft business solutions. Tracking and timely record keeping using a CRM is essential to meet corporate overall objectives.
Specifically, the Business Development Associate is responsible for effectively working in their assigned geography to maximize awareness and sales results of promoted products. The Business Development Associate will engage key new opportunities with a well-defined space that align with our capabilities in Drug Discovery and Develop focused on ADC and Fill and Finish opportunities that align with our capabilities, These areas of responsibility will include High-Potency compounds, Imaging agents, Aseptic , Non-Aseptic as well as. These activities will include cold calls and face to face discussions to promote assigned product(s), maximize the product(s)' selling potential, meet program objectives, and deliver revenues in an assigned area and contribute to the achievement of the Company's revenue goals.
REQUIREMENTS OF THE POSITION:
- ADC and Antibodies knowledge is a requirement for this position
- In conjunction with your mange create and implement business plans and tactical strategies with the Sales Training Manager and Territory Business Managers. Share geographic territory to achieve individual, territory and company goals for sales, market share, call metrics, appropriate sample distribution, etc.
- Contribute to the sales and marketing materials
- Maintain accurate and timely records using (CRM) Sales Force
- Listen and respond appropriately to customer needs and questions.
- Effectively and persuasively communicate with customers using effective selling, listening and negotiation skills, proper terminology and approved messaging.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of product(s).
- Prepare reports for management as needed.
- Fully comply with all laws, regulations and Policies, Code of Conduct, all privacy and data guidelines, relevant state and federal laws and regulations as well as the Company's policies and procedures in connection with the performance of the job function, including, but not limited to, the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act, the Prescription Drug Act, Marketing Act, the PhRMA Code related to interactions w/healthcare providers, and the Federal Anti-Kickback Statute.
- Perform special projects and assignments as directed by the manager.
- Work regularly with direct reports and their team members in the field
- Establish and maintain productive and collaborative working relationships with cross functional groups and peers across franchises.
- Scout for business and corporate opportunities for Sorrento Therapeutics
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Basic knowledge of pharmaceutical industry.
- Goal and results driven
- Strong process facilitation, problem solving and analytical thinking abilities to make sound business decisions on a day to day basis.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong focus on providing customers with superior support and service.
- Ability to learn, understand and communicate complex information.
- Strong rapport building skills and active listening skills.
- Excellent selling, closing, persuasion and presentation skills.
- Ability to display high-levels of initiative, effort and commitment successfully complete projects and assignments.
- Ability to comprehend and communicate complex technical/medical terminology and to maintain the required technical expertise including competitive product knowledge.
- Must be self-motivated and disciplined.
- Strong planning and organizational skills and strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Ability to multitask and successfully operate in a fast-paced environment.
- Flexibility and ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work with people at all levels inside and outside of the company.
- Demonstrated technical aptitude and working proficiency at an advanced level in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
- Must be able to successfully complete training and meet training expectations to operate within the parameters of the program.
Competencies Prioritized for Role:
- Manage a larger geographic territory in the Eastern US with concentration in the Boston Area.
- Manage a larger geographic territory in the Western US with concentration in the Bay Area and will include the Western US. (this is for the other territory in the west)
- Maintain knowledge of competitive activities and global trends
- Previous experience and success in sales, customer service, or other related fields
- Bachelor's Degree
- MBA or other related graduate-level degree is preferred
- 3-5 or more years of work experience in the Pharmaceutical and/or BioTech space
- Knowledge of the drug development process
- Mabs and/ or ADCs experience is required some experience in fill and finish is a plus
- 2+ years of previous field sales experience in the pharmaceutical industry is preferred, biotech or related industry; related to oncology and drug development.
- Ability to work with customers in a consultative fashion on complex projects
- A track record for consistently meeting or exceeding financial and/or other quantitative targets, as well as qualitative goals, for larger-scale sales
- Experienced at successfully work with cross-functional teams and influencing with and without authority.
- Ability to travel approximately 40% of the time, some overnight travel may be required
- Able to work large geography
- Ability to build rapport with clients
- Strong negotiation & decision-making skills
- Deadline and detail-oriented
- Ability and willingness to take direction from multiple sources and complete instructed tasks within deadlines provided
- Maintains a competent knowledge of product knowledge
- Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal communication and presentation skills
- A valid driver's license and safe driving record
- Good organizational and planning skills
- Reside in within the assigned geography
The chance to grow your career in a dynamic, growing, and collaborative environment
Earn a competitive salary while allowing you to focus your attention on innovative science.
A comprehensive benefits package including: full medical (HMO, PPO, HSA, and FSA options), dental, vision, life and disability insurance, company-matching 401(k), 10 paid holidays, three weeks paid vacation, and stock options.
If this sounds like the right career to fit your personality and interests, we're looking forward to meeting you.
About Sorrento Therapeutics, Inc.
Sorrento is an antibody-centric, clinical stage biopharmaceutical company developing new treatments for cancer, inflammation and autoimmune diseases. Sorrento's lead products are multiple late-stage biosimilar and biobetter antibodies, as well as clinical CAR-T therapies targeting solid tumors.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
Sorrento Therapeutics, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.