Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort is located on Florida's Emerald Coast between Pensacola and Panama City, eight miles east of Destin. The 2,400-acre Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort is the premier destination in Northwest Florida.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Provides excellent Customer service to guests in the store
2. Ability to build relationships with customers
3. Provide a friendly and welcoming environment
4. Maximize personal sales at all opportunities
5. Demonstrate how new product can mix with existing stock and previous purchases
6. Communicate product and customer feedback to managers
7. Apply POS knowledge to process needed transactions
8. Handle multiple customers at fitting rooms by following all policies and procedures
9. Demonstrate effective phone etiquette through customer service
10. Follow through with customer experience by utilizing thank you cards, business cards, and maintaining client book
11. Ensure ease of customer experience through visual presentation and overall store maintenance
Attend and participate in store floor sets
12. Clean, vacuum, fold, size, steam, replenish as assigned
13. Actively participate in all merchandising activities including, but not limited to: daily stock maintenance and order, stock receiving and processing, product transfers, folding and floor changes
14. Maintain a professional appearance consistent with established dress code and image guidelines
15. Actively support securing company assets through effective Asset Protection in compliance with company policies and procedures.
16. Assist in merchandising store.
17. Assist in executing window displays and corresponding in-store displays to showcase current merchandise, brands and/or promotions.
18. Arrange merchandise to create a friendly shopping environment.
19. Participate in sales training and use daily on sales floor.
20. Participate in training and identify and follow return practice procedures with customers.
21. Review customer service procedures, complete training, implement on sales floor and analyze and improve techniques.
22. Keep product and marketing materials stocked and assist customers to assure satisfaction.
23. Participate in sales and/or store events including preparation, working during and analyzing process and success post sale/event.
24. Help plan in-store events and execute them.
25. Assist Store Manager in maintaining the store's Facebook, Instagram, and other social media accounts.
26. When applicable, assist Store Manager and Assistant manager in writing purchase orders.
27. Provide replenishment reports on low stock to Store Manager and Director of Retail.
28. Communicate with Store Manager and Director of Retail stock levels and customer tastes.
29. Receive training on point of sales operation and standard operating procedures of the retail department.
30. Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience Requirements
Knowledge, Skill and Ability Requirements
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort is open and operational 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Employees are required to be available to work days, nights, weekends, and holidays.
Valid driver's license that has been in effect for at least three years, with no major violations and no more than two minor violations in the past three years.
Rules and Regulations
All employees must adhere to all safety rules and regulations required by local, State and Federal authorities, wear the appropriate personal protective equipment necessary to perform the job in a safe manner and will follow all safety rules per the Company's Safety Policy.
Must be able to speak, read, write and comprehend the English language.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25-50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, dust, and high, precarious places. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.,
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies
1. Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service ; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
2. Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
3. Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
4. Diversity - Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Educates others on the value of diversity; Promotes a harassment-free environment; Builds a diverse workforce.
5. Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
6. Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization's goals and values; Benefits organization through outside activities; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
7. Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
8. Motivation - Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence; Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
9. Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
10. Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
11. Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
12. Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
13. Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions ; Uses equipment and materials properly.
14. Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
15. Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
16. Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
17. Initiative - Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
18. Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.