GFA International is currently seeking a full-time Experienced and Entry Level EI/EIT to perform the duties below out of our Port St. Lucie Office.
GFA is a full-service engineering consulting firm specializing in geotechnical engineering, environmental consulting, material testing, and building inspections. Our clients include contractors, developers, owners, engineers, architects, state and local governments, school boards, departments of transportation, universities, banks, and realtors.
This position consists of a variety of tasks, both in the field and in the office. This may include performing and/or leading field investigations, engineering analysis, calculations and recommendations, preparing cost estimates, proposals, and invoices, tracking and evaluating project progress, overseeing pile installation, vibration monitoring, vibro-replacement projects, and test pit monitoring, laying out and scheduling of drilling and geotechnical investigation projects, soil boring logging with soil classification, preparation of geotechnical reports, installation and reading of geotechnical instruments, and assisting the Geotechnical Engineer as needed.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Follow safety rules, guidelines and standards for all projects.
- Interacts with client and project team in developing scope of services and communicating project progress.
- Works under the supervision of a Professional Engineer
- Analyze data and perform engineering calculations and analysis for PE review.
- Assist in the preparation of cost estimates, specifications, and other project related documents.
- Coordinating and managing multiple projects
- Collect, process and interpret geotechnical instrumentation and monitoring data and complete reports
- Work closely with senior-level project manager and Professional Engineer of Record to gain project management and engineering experience.
- Uses computer assisted engineering and design software and equipment to prepare engineering and design documents/analyses
- Perform evaluation of subsurface conditions as they relate to the planned construction. Evaluation may include settlement calculations, bearing capacity calculations, pile capacity calculations, determination of foundation options, determination of hydraulic conductivity, etc.
- Other duties may be assigned
- Minimum 0-5 years' experience
- Must possess Florida EI/EIT Certificate or be currently signed up to take the Engineering Intern (EI) Examination in the State of Florida
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering or Geology
- Valid Driver's License with acceptable violation history
- Candidates must be very detail oriented individuals
- Strong work ethic - willing to do what it takes to get the job done
- Strong computer skills
- Strong background in soil mechanics
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
GFA offers a full benefit package including medical, dental, vision insurance, Life Insurance, STD, LTD and a Legal Assistance program. Paid holidays, paid time off and a 401K with company match.
GFA International is a Drug Free Work Place and an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To be considered for employment please complete the application in its entirety.