CJS Conveyance is a vibrant, young, and growing local company that is client focused. We are seeking a motivated candidate to simultaneously gain real-world working experience and assist our engineering team with municipal water and wastewater conveyance projects throughout the Triangle and the state of North Carolina. Our projects and client service philosophy foster professional skill development opportunities through direct project experiences. Project types range from preliminary studies and pipe and facility sizing to detailed design, regulatory approval, and construction administration. The position would be part-time with flexible hours during school term(s) and/or full-time during the semester breaks.
- Work as a supporting team member to experienced engineers and designers on a wide variety of project tasks.
- Assist with production of engineering drawings, construction details, diagrams, tables, and sketches using AutoCAD Civil 3D and MicroStation.
- Assist in field evaluations and data collection for projects.
- Develop maps and figures for technical reports utilizing GIS software.
- Actively in the process of completing a BS or MS in Civil, Environmental, Mechanical, or Biological/Agricultural Engineering within the next 18 months.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD Civil 3D, Microstation, and/or GIS or a demonstrated aptitude to learn while doing.
- Microsoft Office proficiency.
- Strong verbal communication and computer skills and comfort with a team-oriented environment.
- Self-motivated and eager to learn and advance skill sets.
- Valid driver's license.