At Cincinnati's Ronald McDonald House, we have a culture of gratitude, fun, collaboration and compassion. The Development Intern must be exceptionally talented, driven, organized and - most importantly - passionate about people and helping others succeed!
This position offers the opportunity to work with the Development Team and see first-hand fundraising efforts in a non-profit. You will gain experience with database management, writing, communications, research with donor management, and community involvement. This is a part-time opportunity designed to provide professional experience.
THIS JOB MIGHT BE FOR YOU IF:
- You are studying nonprofit management, business, communication, or organizational leadership.
- You would like to develop a deeper understanding about how a mid-sized nonprofit develops relationships and campaigns.
- Further your work with donor database administration.
- Student in a Nonprofit Management, Business, Communication Studies, or Organizational Leadership degree program (preferred)
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Professional attitude and appearance
- Self-starter, energetic, assertive
- Volunteer experience (preferred)
- Detail-oriented and well-organized
- Able to manage and prioritize multiple tasks effectively
- Excellent Organizational and interpersonal skills
- Able to successfully work in a collaborative, team-oriented organization
- Computer/database skills
At the end of the internship, the student will learn how to use donor database software and event management software. The intern will also learn how to research grant opportunities and will gain an understanding for what is involved in submitting grant proposals. She/He will also learn how to collaborate with a team to advance fundraising goals. The intern will gain valuable insight into nonprofit leadership, administration, and community stewardship. Lastly, the intern will gain important organizational and communication skills she/he can utilize in future professional endeavors.
Integrity; Detail-oriented; Compassionate; Flexible; Possess strong computer skills; Able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously; Strong communication and listening skills; Works well in a team environment; Creative; Demonstrates objectivity, fairness, and tact; Administrative/organizational excellence
- Assist with grant seeking and grant writing.
- Assist with grant proposals and letters of inquiry
- Assist with grant archiving
- Work alongside the Events Manager helping with annual Golf/Gala logistics
- Assist with event planning and execution
- Assist with auction execution
- Assist volunteer management for events
- Database training on Exceed and
- Assist with entering and processing gifts
- Update existing
- RMHC Donor Stewardship
- Assist with donor "thank you" calls
- Support stewardship mailings
- Other duties and special projects as assigned
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.