This position description is covering internships with duration of 6 months or more.
This position description is covering some task related to Repair Part145 and Product-Design Part21. Therefore some products may be subject to ITAR/EAR requirements that the intern must comply with.
The Engineer INTERN is part of the ETS Engineering Team. He/she is working with the electronic and mechanical engineers and performs the tasks and missions described below and related to electronic and mechanical products of the different OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer).
- Design and produce tools
- Draw schematics using ORCAD Capture (required)
- Design PCB using ORCAD PCB Designer or similar software (desirable)
- Able to perform PC simulation of electronic circuits using LTspice or similar software (desirable)
- Familiar with Visual Studio platform and programing languages as VB.net, C. C#, C++ (desirable)
- Familiar with the operation and use of DMM, AWF Generator, Counter, Oscilloscope, AC and DC Power Supplies (required)
- Familiar with ARINC standards, and other communication standards like RS232 (desirable)
- Familiar with any microcontroller platform like Microchip, AVR, or other (desirable)
- Create the user's manual
- Perform training with the users and in the shop floor
- Assist the Product Design and Research and Development Engineer
- Electronic / embedded software design
- Tools / test bench support
- Search online for electronic components to be used in test equipment or tool design
- Help to create the BOM of projects
- Participate to the HSE SAFRAN Projects.
- Assist and Support the production of the Safran Electronics and Defense, Avionics USA's product.
- Divulging of confidential and/or sensitive information could lead to damage to the reputation and/or competitive posture of the corporation.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Comply with all safety, health and environmental regulations as prescribed by law, company's policies and regulations requirements. Pro-active in the Safran HSE standards and procedures within their daily work, staying alert to potential safety hazards when learning or implementing something new (skills and/or equipment).