This position's duties include greeting and processing patients into the practice for healthcare. Clerical duties and other duties are assigned by the Business Office Manger according to policies and procedures and the mission of Louisiana Women's Healthcare.Job responsibilities:
- Ensures that all demographic information is accurately entered into the system within a timely manner.
- Completes all applicable demographic screens on each patient.
- Ensures the updates and correct plans are being used and enters all new insurance information into the system.
- Sets primary and secondary insurance coverage when updates are performed.
- Updates each account with month and date in the USER NOTE field once insurance has been updated. If no change is necessary, this field is updated.
- Print and supply appropriate paperwork to patient to present to their doctor.
- Collect and post payments.
- Schedules appointments
- Reconciles daily receipts
- Post "no-charge" visits and routes chargeable visits to the Business Office
- Performs other work-related duties as required.
1. Knowledge of insurance industry, and LWHA financial policies
2. Knowledge of HIPPA compliance
3. Knowledge of medical terminology
4. Knowledge of financialSkills:
1. Skilled in data entry
2. Communication - Speak with confidence and proper English and grammar
3. Customer service - Provide a positive experience for the patient
4. Personable - have a pleasant personality and appearanceAbilities:
1. Ability to read, understand and follow oral and written policies and regulations.
2. Ability to examine documents for accuracy and completeness
3. Ability to communicate clearly and concisely
4. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
5. Ability to reconcile daily payments received with computer generate reportEnvironmental/Working conditions:
- Normal office environment.
- Must be able to do prolonged sitting
- Must be able to work independent and as a team player
This description is intended to provide only basic guidelines for meeting job requirements. Responsibilities, knowledge, skills, abilities and working conditions may change as needs evolve.Requirements:Education and Background:
High school graduate. Previous experience in data entry in the private physician setting, preferably OB/GYN office or Family Practice. Computer literacy required.Temperament:
Prefers detail-oriented work. Ability to prioritize tasks. Willingness and ability to work in any areas of assigned responsibility.Physical Requirements:
Manual dexterity for data entry on the computer. Ability to speak in a clearly understandable manner. Visual ability to review computer reports. Requires sitting and standing associated with normal office environment. All duties to be performed with or without accommodation.