The position(s) covered by this vacancy announcement is in the Department of Defense (DoD) Acquisition Workforce Personnel Demonstration Project (AcqDemo). For more information please see: AcqDemo
This position is being filled under an Expedited Hiring Authority (EHA).
As a Materials Engineer at the NH-0806-04 some of your typical work assignments may include:
- Serves as a technical consultant on PMP policy issues affecting program reliability, mission assurance, and service life and insures that functions and operations are preformed uniformly, economically and in accordance with MDA Parts, Materials, and Processes, Mission Assurance Plan (PMAP) and other applicable policies and procedures.
- Conducts technical reviews and assessments to determine effective implementation of MDA Parts, Materials, and Processes requirements across MDA programs.
- Provides expertise to MDA Program Offices in the areas of Metallurgy, Corrosion Prevention, Non-Destructive Inspections, Castings, Composites, Adhesives, and other materials engineering issues.- Ensures lessons learned are shared within the Quality, Safety, Mission Assurance community as well as other Program/Project/Element offices to prevent mistakes from being repeated.
- Reviews Part and Material drawings and test specifications, provides reliability assessment and disposition of Parts and Materials selected for hardware designs.
- Plans, initiates, and researches materials and parts on complex weapon systems requiring development and application of new experimentation techniques or equipment.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.