Buyer - Temporary - 18 Month Duration
Responsible for a wide variety of duties including placing and expediting orders within Surgical Services, overseeing the surgery schedule, data entry for item adds, greeting vendors and others who come to department, routing telephone calls, screening vendors for departmental visits, maintaining catalog files and other related duties. Responsible for cost effective availability of surgical supplies and implants. Coordinates acquisition of direct order items for Surgical Services, maintains, tracks, and orders consignment products, and coordinates evaluation of new products and equipment. Works with appropriate parties to continually refine systems for ordering and receiving required materials.
Full Time - Day Shift
Temporary - 18 Month Appointment
- High school graduate required.
- Prefer two years college with emphasis in purchasing related topics and/or business related topics.
- Minimum 1 year of related experience required.
- Hospital or Clinic related purchasing or contract experience preferred. Prefer previous experience in a team environment.
- Free public transportation pass (ORCA orcacard.com)
- Competitive compensation package
- Generous PTO
- Medical, dental, vision
- 2 part retirement plan including matching
- Long term disability
- Flex spending
- Extended illness banked hours
- Free parking
- Employee Assistance program
- Professional development
Just a few of our employee perks
- Cell phone plan discounts
- Discounted Mariners and Sounders tickets
- Computer discounts
- Discounted lift tickets
- Discounted movie tickets
- Discounted gym memberships
- Free Seattle Art Museum passes
- And much more
Overlake is committed to providing ready access to a highly trained and compassionate medical team, who are consistent and comprehensive in coordination of care for all patients. Our group practice champions superior quality-of-care, superior outcomes, a superior patient experience, and work-life balance. We believe exceptional patient care comes naturally when our employees feel respected, valued and cared for too. These high standards and high expectations will give us the ability to recruit and retain the best healthcare teams in the region.
Overlake Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer