SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
OB Technician - PRN Day Shifts from 7am-7pm (As Needed)
Location: Medical City Plano
Medical City Plano is a full-service, 493-bed acute care hospital with more than 1,600 employees and over 1,000 physicians on staff, representing over 70 specialties and subspecialties. The medical staff at Medical City Plano is a diverse group of experienced professionals. They are dedicated and committed to using new technologies and keeping up-to-date on recent advancements in health care. Every member of our staff - including nurses, radiologists, therapists, pharmacists, support staff, management and administration - is focused on the health and comfort of every patient who comes through our doors.
OB Tech Job Summary:
Provides direct and indirect nursing services to the obstetrical patient under the supervision of the professional nurse and performs tasks necessary to the functioning of the obstetrical unit according to the standards and policies of Operating Room care.
OB Tech Job Responsibilities:
- Performs technical skills in a scrub role requiring aseptic technique as delineated through standards of OR care.
- Documents concisely, precisely, and accurately on all records as indicated by policy.
- Collaborates with the L&D staff in the receiving, storage, and distribution of all supplies used in the Operating Room.
- Prepares instruments and supplies through cleaning, packing, and storing after sterilization.
- When functioning as a Unit Clerk, utilizes time effectively to organize and assist in designated tasks.
- Assists in patient care, as assigned by the Registered Nurse in Labor and Delivery.
- Attendance and being on time, ready to work your scheduled hours is an essential job function.
OB Tech Job Requirements Include:
- Graduate of an accredited educational program for Surgical Technologist and current CST or completion of an appropriate training program for Surgical Technology in the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps or Coast Guard of the United States or in the United States Public Health Service or employed to practice Surgical Technology in a healthcare facility prior to September 1, 2009 required.
- BCLS Required.
- Minimum 1 year operating room experience preferred.