HOK is a global design, architecture, engineering and planning firm. With offices around the globe, we create a better world through the design of buildings and spaces that respond to the needs people and the environment. Our designers are rooted in technical excellence, driven by imagination and focused on delivering solutions that inspire clients and communities.
HOK is currently seeking a Interiors Student Intern to join our team. As a Student Intern for the Interior Design team, you will be responsible for performing interior assignments to obtain professional experience.
- Performs elementary interiors assignments and works from designs of others.
- Copies sketches, layouts, plans and drawings.
- Performs drafting assignments by applying standardized drawing techniques.
- Develops, modifies and/or reviews production drawings according to established standards.
- Takes personal responsibility for fostering a green workplace through sustainable work practices.
- Fosters a commitment to external and internal client service.
- Possess basic hand and CAD drafting skills.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD/Architectural Desktop.
- Proficiency in MS Office Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Proficiency in Revit is preferred.
- Basic knowledge about sustainability and LEED preferred.
- Basic proficiency in 3D Modeling software such as 3D Studio Max and Viz 2006 preferred.
- Basic proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketchup, and InDesign graphic software preferred.
- Ability to effectively meet deadlines.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work in team environment.
- Currently enrolled in an architecture or interior design program.
- Previous internship in an architectural or interiors design firm preferred.
HOK is a drug-free workplace. HOK is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.