Vans: Be a Part of the Original "It was never about waving the brand like a flag, it was always about the people" - Paul Van Doren
Vans is the original action sports footwear company, rooted in authenticity and creativity. Founded in 1966, Vans has thrived on a legacy of impacting our greater community through four pillars: action sports, music, art and street culture. We are constantly inspired by the expressive creators within our company and community as they bring new and innovative perspectives to help shape and transform the future of our business.
At Vans, our culture sets us apart and influences everything we do. We are driven by five values:
1. We are determined.
2. We are connected to our consumers and to each other.
3. We are inclusive.
4. We are expressive and fun.
5. And most of all, we are a family.
Vans is a subsidiary of VF, one of the world's largest apparel and footwear companies with socially and environmentally responsible operations spanning numerous geographies, product categories and distribution channels. As we continue to expand, VF and Vans take great measures in developing and growing our people.
Vans is founded on a culture of learning. We take pride in our ability to facilitate learning opportunities by providing the resources and tools necessary to support each individual's pursuit of growth to achieve future goals driven by our brand purpose.
Our purpose to enable creative expression and inspire youth culture is fostered through our inclusivity. We welcome anyone and everyone into our global family and proudly celebrate an environment where individuality is embraced, equal opportunities thrive, and everyone is empowered to reach their greatest potential.
By joining the Vans family, you will be immersed in an environment of incredibly supportive and collaborative people. We work very hard across a multitude of large initiatives to bring the Van Doren spirit to life. We live for what we do.
Vans Student Experience Interns: Become the Newest Member of the Vans Family
As a Vans Student Experience Intern, you will have the chance to immerse yourself in our extensive and rich brand DNA that is action sports footwear, apparel and accessories. In this pilot program you will rotate each week through the department of Sales, Marketing and Public Relations to execute various seasonal projects. Your creativity, grittiness and project management skills will aid you well as you provide support to managers and directors in various departments. You will experience Vans like never before as you assist in areas that include but are not limited to Warped Tour and US Open marketing and promotions, seeding, showroom coordination, and more!
How You Will Make a Difference:
1. Work with key stakeholders in the realm of Marketing; creating, designing and printing workshop and instructional marketing materials
2. Assist Sales with the full lifecycle of showroom coordination including planning, construction, sample tracking and deconstruction of showrooms in the areas of Footwear and Special MakeUp apparel.
3. Collaborate with the North America and Global Public Relations teams to support the seeding process and additional ad hoc tasks.
4. Your unique and diverse experiences and background enable you to provide differing perspectives to fuel our global growth. Additionally, you are inclusive by nature and you value differing points of view.
5. Exemplify the Van Doren spirit by providing critical feedback on opportunities for efficiency and improvements.
Skills for Success:
• Natural sense of curiosity and wanting to figure things out • Develops collaborative and diverse relationships
Years of Related Professional Experience:
0-2 years Educational/ Position Requirements: