Robotics, Barcode Scanning, Medical Devices, Machine Vision, 2D Data Matrix, Controllers
Engineers Improving the World through Cutting Edge Innovation Since 1933
Would you like to work in an environment where you are not just a small cog in a large organization?
(We are not a distribution center. We assemble technologically complex products for global clients.)
Would you like to work with a tenured staff who will value you as an important part of our team?
(We are a seasoned team that thrives on solving problems and respects those with the drive to get the job done.)
Would you like a job where providing you the opportunity to learn your profession is paramount to our team?
(We have a tenured staff that will enjoy both mentoring you in the Supply Chain profession all the while learning new concepts from you!)
If so, please apply.
Working under the mentorship of various Supply Chain Buyers, while reporting to the Supply Chain Director, you will support the procurement of materials for Purchasing, Planning, Engineering, Production, and Quality. These focuses will include assisting in the sourcing of materials, negotiations with vendors, the receipt of materials, and various inventory activities for stock and special-order requirements. Finally, you will develop and distribute stock plans, periodic and ad hoc reports, and other various responsibilities as they arise.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborate with various departments to clarify purchase requisitions
- Routine and impromptu Purchase Order creation and maintenance, including preparing and processing of purchase orders or purchase requests
- Under the mentorship of the Buyers - analyze, make purchase decisions, and obtain purchase authorization in accordance with company procedures and policies
- Under the mentorship of the Buyers - negotiate delivery, quality requirements and terms and conditions of service
- Assist with processing any necessary returns
- Be a point of contact within the company for any vendor inquiries or issues
- Secure product samples, photos, and descriptions for parts as necessary
- Resolve issues with vendors relating to pricing and delivery of goods and services
- Ability to work with vendors to provide the closest sourcing of goods to avoid delivery delays
- Ensure that all planning and purchasing practices are compliant with company policies and appropriate state and federal laws.
- Prepare reports and schedules and provide custom reports as requested which includes documentation of all savings activities.
- Interact and collaborate with employees and internal stakeholders in a positive and productive manner with all levels throughout the organization.
- Ensure the correct documents are filed electronically and/or physically for all items.
- Emphasizing data accuracy organize and locate inventory in databases.
- Maintain accurate and complete records of purchases ensuring vendor information is up to date.
Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS and EXPERIENCE
- Currently enrolled in a four-year degree program emphasizing Supply Chain, Logistics, or general Business.
- Proven strength in organizational skills with a keen attention to detail
- Documented expertise in MS Office and Databases with a specific strength in advanced tools in Excel (e.g., Pivot Tables, VLookup)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English as documented by professional interactions with customers, colleagues, and vendors.
- Demonstrated aptitude for learning and applying the basic procurement, purchasing concepts and systems
- Proven aptitude to learn the business's operational side, including an expertise in purchasing computer applications (e.g., ERP, MRP, OMS).
- Demonstrated self-directed, work ethic with a high sense of urgency and the ability to quickly solve problems and collaborate with other disciplines to meet the needs of the business.
- One year of experience working in purchasing for a manufacturing organization with a preference for electronics or technology
- Documented knowledge of material purchasing for a manufacturing environment