EMPOWER CELLS TO CHANGE LIVES
At SQZ Biotechnologies we believe that our cell therapies will revolutionize the way we treat diseases. Our unique capabilities enable us to engineer almost any function into any cell type, breaking down the barriers in the field, and creating the possibility for cell therapies that could not have been previously envisioned.The Role:
SQZ Biotechnologies is looking for two Research Intern/Co-Ops to join our Exploratory team. Both roles present an exciting opportunity to work hands-on towards developments in the field of cell therapy. Interns/co-ops will have the opportunity to take a deep dive into scientific research, reading, and discussing primary scientific literature. The selected individuals will be trained in experimental design, troubleshooting, and data analysis.
This internship opportunity is available for co-ops and interns on a part-time and/or full-time basis for up to 6 months.Responsibilities:
- Evaluate in vitro CRISPR/Cas9 gene editing efficiencies
- Conduct flow cytometry, PCR, sequencing and other molecular-based readouts
- Produce and optimize guides to target multiple genes
- Optimize primary human lymphocyte culturing methods
- Maintain lab notebook and support documentation
- Analyze and present data to team members and other colleagues
- Perform in vitro experiments to characterize cancer vaccine efficacy
- Isolate whole blood components using a Ficoll gradient
- Optimize the delivery of biomolecules to cells using the SQZ device
- Characterize biomolecule delivery to cells using flow cytometry, ELISA, western blot, and other standard immunological assays
- Sophomore year or later majoring in Biology, Molecular and Cellular Biology, Immunology, or Biochemistry
- Completed courses in general biology, cell and molecular biology, biochemistry, and genetics
- Experience with molecular biology techniques (e.g. DNA extraction, PCR)
- Experience with aseptic technique and cell culture
- Understanding of safe lab practices and BSL requirements
- Experience with molecular cloning, qPCR, or CRISPR a plus
As a transit reimbursement, co-ops contribute $10 towards a monthly MBTA pass and SQZ reimburses the remainder. SQZ is accessible from multiple bus routes.
SQZ Biotechnologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and to provide equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or gender identity, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, SQZ complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. SQZ does not support relocation for this role.