University Dept: Tippie College of Business
Classification: Admissions and Enrollment Services
Job Code: PCD2
Salary Range: $42,000 - $55,000
Percent of Time: 100
Staff Type: Professional & Scientific
Type of Position: Regular
BASIC FUNCTION AND RESPONSIBILITY
The Tippie College of Business seeks an Admissions Specialist to support the admissions and new student transition functions for the Professional MBA Program (PMBA) and Online MBA (OMBA), off-campus MS Business Analytics and certificate programs (BAPT) and Professional Certificates in Business Fundamentals, Finance, Leadership, and Marketing ("Certificate") at The University of Iowa Tippie College of Business.
The Admissions Specialist primarily manages application processes for programs offered in Cedar Rapids, Des Moines, the Quad Cities and OMBA. The individual coordinates admission decisions for PMBA, OMBA, BAPT and Certificate applications; communicates with prospective and admitted students regarding admission status, transfer credits, and other policies; manages the PMBA, OMBA, BAPT and Certificate admissions components of the College CRM system; and generates admissions reports for internal and external constituents.
This key position on the Graduate Management Programs team interacts with applicants prior to program entry; plays a critical role in incoming students' experience; and supports the team's culture of optimism, collaboration, proactive problem-solving, and providing stellar service to our prospective and current students to uphold the program's reputation and quality.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY (KARS)
Application Processing and Evaluation/Credit Evaluation
- Manage processes for PreMBA, Full Admission, and Certificate applications, from point of receiving materials to decision. This includes processing application materials, coordinating steps to an admission decision with Admissions Committee(s), entering admissions decisions into various databases and spreadsheets, generating acceptance letters on behalf of site directors, and distributing to applicants.
- Work in conjunction with the part-time Business Analytics Master's (BAPT) and Certificate (BAC) Program staff to develop and implement admissions processes for students pursuing admission to an Analytics program.
- Make admission decisions on candidates within set parameters; present remaining applications to Admissions Committee(s) for review.
- Communicate with prospective and admitted students to answer questions regarding admission status, transfer credits and other policies and procedures.
- Manage PMBA, OMBA, BAPT and Certificate admissions components of CRM system; update reports, direct communication plan, and messaging to newly admitted students.
- Continuously evaluate all processes regularly to find opportunities for automation, improvement, or efficiency; recommend and implement new processes as a result.
- Review and update admissions related materials and website and determine needed modifications.
- Manage the admissions processing efforts during on-site evening admissions events, and meet with attendees to answer admissions questions.
Student Transition Services
- Work with College Marketing team, the Recruiting team, and Site Directors to send CRM system-generated communication to welcome and familiarize new admits to increase yield.
Academic Standards and Curricular Policy Implementation
- Manage the transfer and waiver process for PMBA and Certificate students: review new student transcripts for transfer and waivers, provide recommendations to Assistant Dean, communicate decisions to students, and record decisions into database for consistency in future decisions.
Systems Support and Development; Data Analysis, Research, and Reporting
- Use databases to extract, analyze, and summarize data, create statistics, and generate reports used in admissions, transfer processes, graduation processes and reporting to internal and external constituents.
- Assist with events, and serve on College committees as needed.