Welcome to Western Connecticut Health Network, a comprehensive group of Hospitals, Medical Practices and Home Care designed to know our patients well. WCHN is comprised of Danbury, New Milford, and Norwalk Hospital as well as Western Connecticut Home Care, and Western Connecticut Medical Group. We are united by our mission to improve the health and well-being of those who live in the communities we proudly call home. We believe our dedicated and talented employees are the cornerstone of providing the best in patient care, and we are seeking qualified and compassionate individuals to enhance the delivery of care to the communities we serve.Summary:
Provides clerical and secretarial support to assure smooth daily department operations. Assures that the patient and examination area is properly prepared.Responsibilities:
1. Greets and brings patient back from waiting room to clinical area. Obtains vital signs as required.
2. Registers, updates patient information and bills physician charges to patients' accounts. Verifies demographic and insurance information.
3. Provides clerical and secretarial work associated with patient care to include copying and dictation. Prepares, files and organizes patient charts.
4. Schedules appointments as ordered for patients in the office, for testing, or other physicians.
5. Assures the examination area is clean and stocked.
6. Assures the patient is properly prepared for the scheduled visit to maintain timely patient flow.
7. Conducts in-office testing as directed by the physician. Coordinates testing and outside ancillary services as applicable.
8. Collects, prepares and processes specimens as directed by the physician.
9. Maintains inventory and ensures proper upkeep, cleaning and testing of medical equipment and supplies. Fills out appropriate logs.
10. Fulfills all compliance responsibilities related to the position.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.Other information:Required:
Data entry required. One year medical assistant/secretary experience, or graduate of accredited Medical Assistant training program. Basic medical knowledge and terminology. Skill in obtaining accurate patient vital signs. CPR Certification is Required.Minimum Experience:
Graduate of Medical Assistant training program. Ability to schedule patients and knowledge of telephone switchboard. CNA, MA or EMT certification.Location:
Danbury-24 Hospital AveOrg Unit:
Arrythmia ServiceWork Type:
Day 8Exempt from Overtime:
- HS Graduate or Equivalent
- Some manual skills / motor coord & finger dexterity
- Little or no potential for occupational risk
- Medium to Heavy effort. May extert up to 35 lbs. force
- Generally pleasant working conditions.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Qualified Applicants are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other classification protected under applicable Federal, State or Local law.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please contact Human Resources at 203-739-7330 (for reasonable accommodation requests only). Please provide all information requested to assure that you are considered for current or future opportunities.