We Are Hiring
Cardiac-Vascular Sonographer - Diagnostic Cardiology Anc 001 - Part-Time, Day - Ascension Providence Rochester Hospital - Rochester,MI
20 hours a week. On call commitment - This is a collective bargaining agreement union position
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension Providence Rochester Hospital is a member of Ascension Health, the largest not-for-profit Catholic Health system in the United States.
Our Mission: Ascension Providence Rochester Hospital is dedicated to enhancing the health status of the individuals and communities we serve in partnership with our physicians, employees and community members.
We are called to:
- Service of the Poor - Generosity of spirit, especially for persons most in need
- Reverence - Respect and compassion for the dignity and diversity of life
- Integrity - Inspiring trust through personal leadership
- Wisdom - Integrating excellence and stewardship
- Creativity - Courageous innovation
- Dedication - Affirming the hope and joy of our ministry
Our Vision: To be the recognized healthcare Employer of choice.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ascension Providence Rochester Hospital, the Cardiac-Vascular Sonographer is responsible for supporting the Mission and Vision of Ascension Providence Rochester Hospital by, under general supervision, (trainee positions under supervision of qualified sonographer) and according to established standards and protocols, performing a variety of noninvasive cardiac and vascular diagnostic ultrasound procedures in order to assist physicians in determining functioning of patients cardiac and vascular systems. Prepare preliminary technical reports for physician review. Perform job-related clerical duties. Assist in general department functions by answering telephones and scheduling appointments. May assist in training new employees.
- Essential Functions
- Utilizes cardiac and vascular ultrasound equipment to perform 2D & M-Mode Echocardiograms, (including cardiac Doppler evaluations utilizing colorflow imaging, continuous wave and pulsed wave analysis); Carotid Duplex scans; Venous Duplex scans; and peripheral Arterial Evaluations according to accepted industry standards and department protocols.
- Performs cardiovascular stress testing procedures including Dobutamine Stress Echocardiograms and Exercise Stress Echocardiograms. Uses cardiac imaging contrast agents when necessary on suboptimal studies.
- Utilizes physiologic recorders and follows accepted techniques for assessment of extremity arterial blood flow assessments.
- Assists the physician in the performance of transesophageal echocardiograms.
- Performs necessary diagnostic measurements and calculations according to accepted industry standards and department protocols.
- Obtains accurate and pertinent patient medical histories for presentation to reading physicians. Documents technical findings appropriately. Prepares preliminary reports for physician review.
- Utilizes independent judgment to contact reading physicians to relay preliminary technical findings consistent with acute and potentially life threatening situations.
- Non-Essential Functions
- May assist in orientation and training of new employees and students in cardiovascular techniques and procedures.
- This position shall have access to and disclose personal health information only when reasonably necessary to perform the designated job related responsibilities. Disclosure and/or use of personal health information for any purpose other than as reasonably necessary for designated job responsibilities is prohibited.
- Performs related duties such as stocking supplies, maintaining files and patient logs, preparing reports of activity and cleans and maintains work area and imaging equipment.
- This position requires the ability to identify age related differences within the persons served and the adjustment of treatment style and expectations as appropriate, including adjustments based on the persons served cognitive function and learning ability. This will include taking into account their religious and cultural needs and preferences.
What You Will NeedLicenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- Non-Registered Sonographers: Must be eligible to sit for the echocardiography and/or vascular technology registry examination of the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS) or Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI). Must successfully pass one of the registry exams within 18 months of employment. If applicant possesses abilities in only one of the specialties indicated above, proficiency in the other must be demonstrated within 90 days of employment.
- HS or Equivalent
High school graduate required
- Completion of a specialized course in Echocardiography and/or Vascular Technology or minimum of 1 year (preferably hospital based) experience in cardiac or vascular ultrasound imaging required. Ability to adapt to use of diagnostic imaging equipment used at this facility within 30 days of employment.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Rochester Providence Hospital is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, height, weight, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, veteran status or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. The information requested on this application will not be used for any purpose prohibited by law. If you require assistance or an accommodation to complete this application, please let us know.