Under the general guidance of the radiologists and Radiology Director, provides quality diagnostic imaging services with a patient focused approach. The technologist will demonstrate knowledge in the current concepts of this field performing at a level of competence that allows independent thought and action. Is responsible for monitoring statistical data and budget outcomes, assuring sound fiscal management of the specialty. Applies critical thinking to managing patients, assuring appropriate care based on patient needs using age specific assessment, communications, and knowledge of physical and mental capabilities.
- Upholds the organizations' Mission, Values and Goals by adhering to the NHS Standards of Performance.
- Consistently produces images of optimal diagnostic quality through proper exposure factors, patient positioning, film identification, and proper processing. Routinely utilizes proper radiation protection for self and patients. Utilizes concepts of Image Gently and Image Wisely in their daily practice.
- Consistently demonstrates a thorough knowledge of human structure and function, patient care, positioning, principles of image production, and specialized techniques required of a radiographer.
- Is proficient in the use of all equipment in radiology. Consistently uses the equipment in a safe manner. Always handles equipment to prevent damage. Performs basic maintenance and/or reports unsafe/broken equipment.
- Demonstrates responsibility and accountability for own professional practice. Knows and adheres to policies and procedures, performing in a professional and ethical manner at all times.
- Consistently provides appropriate general leadership and responsibility for area. Acts as coordinator of delegated projects within the department. Self motivated in performing procedures and managing area.
- Promotes team spirit and cooperation, demonstrating acceptable peer rapport and self-control. Works well independently and as a team member. Demonstrates a positive attitude towards the work environment.
- Interacts with patients and others in a courteous and respectful manner, inspiring confidence by performing and communicating in a professional and ethical manner.
- Handles personal and professional problems appropriately to avoid interference with job performance. Accepts constructive criticism and adjusts behavior appropriately.
- Actively works to modify schedule to meet the needs of the physician/patient. Maintains schedule backlog to not exceed maximum level.
- Evaluates job procedures for development of improved methods of operation. Assists in the implementation of the improvements.
- Regularly consults with others to learn new techniques and procedures. Promotes the development of other staff and students in areas of expertise. Regularly channels questions, comments, and suggestions to appropriate person in a constructive manner.
- Demonstrates ability to adjust to changes, flexible in work habits, scheduled hours to meet the needs of the team and patients.
- Actively participates in Joint Commission preparation and maintenance of standards and other regulatory requirements. Always investigates and reports significant/risk management JC/OSHA situations.
- Understands clinical competency system and provides student supervision for the DTCC Radiology program students. Supports the DTCC educational process and participates in the student education while in clinic at Nanticoke.
- If a DTCC clinical instructor, staff member is knowledgeable of program goals, understands clinical objectives, understands the sequencing of didactic and clinical education, provides the students instruction and supervision, evaluates students' clinical competence and maintains current knowledge of DTCC program policies and procedures.
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Registered or registry eligible through ARRT and DE State licensed. Must be registered within six months to avoid changes in job status.
- CPR certified
- Flexible, willing to work in non-primary area as need arises.
- Willing to perform non-traditional functions, remaining within general scope of practice.
- Evidence of : a) Effective Communications b) Self-Motivation; c) Problem Solving Skills; d) Accountability; e) Flexibility
- Graduate or student of an approved school in radiography (JRCERT approved)