This position is in our Pain Clinic and the hours are M-F, 4/10 hour shifts with a rotating day off. Qualified candidates will have experience working in Med-Surg or a Critical Care Unit. This role requires being trained in moderate sedation.
The Pain Clinic sees over 8,000 patients annually, including nearly 1,500 new patient visits. Each year we perform over 3,000 procedures including 3,100 procedures with fluoroscopic guidance and over 350 neurolytic procedures. RN's working in the Pain Clinic are required to wear lead when doing certain procedures.
The Clinical Nurse is an engaged and credentialed member of the Professional Nursing Organization and is responsible for autonomous practice directed by the professional tenets of practitioner, leader/decision maker, scientist and transferor. The Clinical Nurse is responsible for utilizing the nursing process to provide evidence-based care and to continuously monitor and evaluate practice to ensure safe passage of patients that is in the best interest of populations served.
1. Utilizes the nursing process to assess, diagnose, identify outcomes, plan, implement and evaluate an individualized plan of care.
2. Utilizes critical thinking and the nursing process to anticipate and recognize changes in patient status, taking action to modify the plan of care or to elevate to the care team as necessary.
3. Practices in accordance with the ANA Code of Ethics to advocate for patients, uphold their autonomy in decision-making, ensure informed consent and assist patients in families in expressing self-determination.
4. Actively seeks feedback and acts to improve performance.
5. Engages in the governance of practice.
6. Manages interpersonal relationships for self and with others.
7. Mentors colleagues for the advancement of nursing practice and the profession.
8. Assumes authority and accountability for the nursing care of patients while appropriately delegating elements of care to others members of the care delivery team in accordance with laws, regulations and policies and procedures.
9. Prioritizes and organizes time to optimize patient outcomes.
10. Actively seeks out the most current evidence and standards and applies and translates to daily practice.
11. Role models a culture of inquiry, developing new knowledge by contributing to research, quality improvement, and evidence-based practice at the local level.
12. Communicates effectively in a variety of formats in all areas of practice.
13. Actively partners with others to effect change that produces positive outcomes through the exchange of knowledge.
14. Precepts the student nurse, nurse extern, nurse resident, experienced clinical nurse and other members of the healthcare team.
15. Performs other duties as required or assigned.
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
CURRENT EMPLOYEES CLICK HERE TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION