Regular EmploymentJob Level:
Department: Air Customer Service Export (AF-3), Air FreightSub-department:
Location: New Orleans, LA (MSY), United States
Contract Type: Regular Employment, months
Full time/Part time: Full-time,Travel Required:Start Date:
The Panalpina Group is one of the world's leading providers of supply chain solutions, combining intercontinental Air and Ocean Freight with comprehensive Value-Added Logistics Services and Supply Chain Services. We operate a global network with some 500 branches in more than 80 countries, and employ approximately 15,000 people worldwide.
We are looking to hire a Air Freight Customer Service Agent to process Air Freight - Import/Export documents by using the company's proprietary forwarding application, ensuring operational excellence and high productivity.Responsibilities
- Coordinate and oversee shipment files on a daily basis
- Retrieve shipment details
- Distribute documents and make copies in accordance with consignee's, PA's and/or origin country requirements
- Ensure that file contains all necessary document copies in proper sequence
- Update Track and Trace application , Document Release and POD dates
- Ensure that payable and receivable documents are completed accurately and forwarded on time
- Other duties as requested
- Minimum of two years successfully performing the essential tasks listed
- Working knowledge of ocean and/or air import freight operations and related regulatory requirements a plus
- Knowledge of Panalpina's products preferred
- Must have High-school diploma/GED graduate
- Related post-secondary training or college coursework preferred
- Ability to effectively multi-task and work in a frequently changing and fast-paced environment
- Conscientious and detail oriented team player
- Proficient knowledge of web-based applications
- Proficient knowledge of MS Office Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Above average (accuracy and speed) alpha-numeric data entry
- Must be able to effectively communicate in English in a fast-paced professional environment,.
Specifics for Job / Environment
- Position may interact with global customers and foreign offices, fluency in a foreign language(s) is a plus.
- Our vision is to provide reliable Supply Chain Solutions that provide value to our customers-everytime and we achieve this through our corporate values: integrity, performance, and professionalism.
- Professional office environment, the noise level in the work environment is usually busy with phones and other working personnel.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer