Do you want to make a difference in the lives of young children? Do you enjoy working in a dynamic team? Love German culture? We are looking for someone to add to our team who is willing to work as a team player. We look for people with experience in Elementary Education or Early Childhood Education - but we also don't overlook any promising young graduates with enthusiasm and dedication to a new field. We are proud of our work and are constantly learning new, innovative ways to improve our environment. We place a lot of value on the lifelong education and personal growth that goes along with being a successful early childhood teacher.
Kinderstube and the Germanic-American Institute are currently hiring a Teacher / Assistant Teacher for the KINDERSTUBE GERMAN IMMERSION PRESCHOOL to work at our Minneapolis and St. Paul locations. Our preschool program provides an early childhood education to young children in a German speaking environment. We operate Mondays through Fridays from 7:30AM - 4:30PM. You can find more info about our preschool at www.kinderstubepreschool.org.Requirements:
- Candidate should be fluent or possess near native fluency as a German speaker and have experience working with young children, preferably ages 3-5 years old.
- Post - high school education required. Degree in Early Childhood Education or Child Development is a plus.
- Create a safe, nurturing, child-centered environment.
- Follow MN State preschool licensing regulations and Kinderstube policies regarding children's health, safety, behavior, and learning progress.
- Assist in the implementation of a weekly thematic curriculum to meet the Kinderstube educational and developmental objectives.
- Communicate in a professional demeanor with parents regarding child's activities, behavior, social interactions, and any health or other concerns on a daily matter.
- Assist with daily snack preparations, student attendance and transition times.
- Ensure that daily classroom order and cleanliness is maintained and a pleasant and welcoming environment is provided.
- Assist lead teachers with daily activities. Daily activities may require frequent bending, lifting of up to 40lbs, playing and sitting on the floor or small chairs.
- Complete required number of yearly in-service hours (staff development); incl. CPR and First Aid training.
- Attend occasional extra-curricular activities, such as family events, holiday performances, staff meetings, and occasional events at the Germanic American Institute
The ideal candidate possesses a positive attitude, a caring personality, a genuine love for children, is flexible and dependable, a great team player, eager to learn new things, willing to work hard, loves to have fun and can lose him/herself in child's play.Benefits Package:
Paid Time Off, Paid Sick Leave, Paid holidays, Retirement Savings Plan, Healthcare Stipend, Access to German language classes and enrichment courses. Running a successful preschool programs means nothing if our teachers don't enjoy working here. So, we put a lot of emphasis on support, motivation, recognition, and positivity.To apply
Please send resume and cover letter to Babett Larimer at email@example.com. Please write "Preschool teacher position" in your subject line.