We're proud of the opportunities, training, benefits and work-life balance we provide to those who help people take their money further, and reach their goals sooner. We strive to provide a culture where employee development, teamwork, integrity, respect and quality of life are the cornerstones of delivering superior member experience. We thank our employees for making us a part of our community's "Top Workplaces" and are always looking to add people to our team who share our passion for helping members build their finances and confidence. In return, we offer employees a challenging and rewarding work environment and are committed to maintaining an atmosphere that promotes teamwork and continual improvement. Virginia Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Responsible for offering and selling financial products and services to both consumer and small business members. Performs thorough needs assessments on members and small business clients to strengthen and deepen member relationships while ensuring quality member service. Primary focus is around consumer lending, mortgage lending and small business accounts.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides superior member service by accurately and efficiently performing all member service related transactions in accordance with VACU policies and procedures.
- Skilled in assessing members/business clients needs, providing solid advice/recommendations, and building strong relationships based on mutual trust in order to optimize sales opportunities with new and existing member/business clients.
- Primary point of contact within each branch for walk-in small business clients and the resident expert for small business products and services.
- Will spend the majority of their time focused on consumer lending, mortgage lending, and small business membership and account opening.
- Expected to make outbound calls to the branches membership base in order to deepen relationships and uncover sales opportunities
- Expected to have a strong understanding of all mortgage and equity products in order to provide proper guidance and recommendations.
- Ensure the member's needs are met by partnering with the appropriate specialist and/or teammate to serve the member's banking, small business, mortgage, and investment needs.
- Ability to build solid relationships with teammates, business partners and specialists by fostering teamwork, partnership and collaboration.
- Demonstrates initiative, a commitment to continuous learning, and the ability to adapt to changing demands and requirements
- Demonstrates appropriate knowledge of all VACU policies and procedures related to the platform, including Security and Information Security
- Establishes member relationships through quality service and cross selling VACU products/services to meet member needs
- Handles each transaction proficiently and accurately, exercising good judgment and seeking approval for any transaction exceeding assigned levels of authority
- Partners with branch management team on all sales and service initiatives
- Demonstrates the ability to provide effective decision making that is in the best interest of VACU, the branch and the member
- Must maintain appropriate knowledge of all VACU products and services
- Answers the phone and respond to member phone inquiries professionally and accurately
- Building and retaining member relationships by performing follow - up and courtesy calls to members.
- Responsible for ensuring that business goals and individual member service and sales goals are consistently met.
- Provides quality service by following all member service expectations
- Responsible for delivering high quality service and needs based sales to members
- Required notary certification. Must stay informed of all notary rules and regulations.
- Comply with all published enterprise level policies and procedures including, but not limited to, Risk Management policies.
- Complete all required, ongoing enterprise level training including, but not limited to BSA, OFAC, and Information Security.
- Report all Risk Management Policy violations in accordance with policy.
- Must develop and maintain a working knowledge of all applicable federal and state regulations including corporate policies and procedures. Stay up to date on all required loan documents, systems, credit reports and related lending documents.
- Other duties may be required and assigned by the supervisor
Knowledge: Demonstrates understanding of products and services offered by financial institutions
Skills: Satisfactory computer skills required.
Abilities: Positive and effective communication and public relations skills, cross-selling, problem solving and interpersonal skills. Sound judgment. Ability to handle difficult situations. Ability to handle multiple tasks. Professional appearance and manner.
Minimum Education and Experience:
College graduate with concentration in business. May substitute work experience.
Preferred experience in business banking
Significant experience with a financial institution with an emphasis on sales
Must be able to be actively registered with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry (NMLS)
This job requires the ability to sit and stand for long periods of time.
This job requires occasionally lifting up to 50 pounds and/or up to 30 pounds frequently.