CBS BUSINESS UNIT: CBS Corporate
JOB TYPE: Full-Time Staff
JOB SCHEDULE: Full-Time
JOB LOCATION: Atlanta, GA
CBS Corporation (NYSE: CBS.A and CBS) is a mass media company that creates and distributes industry-leading content across a variety of platforms to audiences around the world. The Company has businesses with origins that date back to the dawn of the broadcasting age as well as new ventures that operate on the leading edge of media. CBS owns the most-watched television network in the U.S. and one of the world's largest libraries of entertainment content, making its brand - "the Eye" - one of the most recognized in business. The Company's operations span virtually every field of media and entertainment, including cable, publishing, local TV, film and interactive. CBS' businesses include CBS Television Network, The CW (a joint venture between CBS Corporation and Warner Bros. Entertainment), Network 10 Australia, CBS Television Studios, CBS Global Distribution Group, CBS Consumer Products, CBS Home Entertainment, CBS Interactive, CBS Sports Network, CBS Films, Showtime Networks, Pop, Smithsonian Networks, Simon & Schuster, CBS Television Stations and CBS Experiences.
As a Senior Principal with CBS, you will be part of the Cloud Engineering group which is responsible for the strategy, architecture, engineering and design within the Corporate services group. You will be responsible for the design, implementation and administration of a range of project delivery and operational requirements as CBS looks to extend its Cloud footprint.
You will provide strategic technical advisory solutions to multiple business units for cloud management platforms and complete infrastructure solutions. You'll be engaged to work on exciting projects such as Data Center migration, Landing Zones across the major CSPs, etc. In addition, responsibilities of this position will include development of designs, reference architectures, and standards for secure infrastructure across the enterprise. The position is responsible for understanding and interpreting business and technical requirements in order to deliver solutions.
- Work closely with analysts, strategists, business users and product management. Document related technical requirements. Quantify the impact of business and technical requirements on capacity, resilience, and design.
- Use business and technical requirements as well as impact analyses to develop requirements for future infrastructure needs.
- Utilize monitoring tools and other resources to plan and implement changes and upgrades before they become critical or impact the business.
- Design and implement new products and solutions to improve performance, service and cost
- Define, design, develop and build out service catalog to improve service offerings
- Produce high level and detailed design documentation. Produce detailed engineering documentation and specifications for implementation.
- Participate in and develop requests for proposals, scope documents, and statements of work for projects.
- Assist in the DR planning of a multi-site Virtualization and Storage infrastructure along with DR planning for local sites where IT Infrastructure equipment is present
- Serve as a SME to diagnose and resolve problems on Windows and Linux servers, applications, databases, backup services, network services, cloud platforms and VMware alongside application owners and team members.
- Maintain an expert level of knowledge by maintaining certifications current, attending seminars and though other related activities
- Work with the IT Infrastructure team to ensure the quality of coordinated projects and business needs
- Work alongside internal team members, oversee consultants and act as liaison between IT staff and application owner to ensure project success
- Uncover and assimilate information about the CBS ecosystem. Identify gaps in this information and produce reports to facilitate the collection of any missing data. Collect and document missing information.
- Mentor and lead other team members as required to satisfy department goals
- Document related technical requirements. Quantify the impact of business and technical requirements on availability, performance, capacity, resiliency, and design.
- 10+ years' experience of increasing complexity and responsibility in implementation, engineering, design, and architecture roles
- 5+ years automation and scripting skills
- Expert knowledge of one of three major CSP's (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of cloud networking including VPCs, Subnets, VNets, Hub and Spoke designs, Transit Gateway, Shared VPC, general routing (BGP), etc.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of security including Security Groups, NACL, WAF, Guard Duty, ACM, Encryption, Key Management, Shared Responsibility, etc.
- Experienced on implementations of EC2, S3, Buckets, Compute Engine, IAM, SNS, SQS, RDS, VPC, Storage Gateway, CDN and the integration of those services as well as other AWS offerings
- Robust Infrastructure as code knowledge (CloudFormation and Terraform)
- Familiar with CI/CD pipelines and using tools such as Azure DevOps, Code Pipeline/Code Deploy, Jenkins, Git, BitBucket, Bamboo
- Experience developing automation solutions and working in a highly automated environment
- Familiarity with database technologies such as MySQL, MS SQL, RDS, Azure Cosmos DB or PostgreSQL
- Experience with tools such as:
- Migration / DR tools - CloudEndure, Azure Migration Tools, Google Migration
- Cost and Inventory - CloudHealth, CloudCheckr, RightScale
- Orchestration - Cloudify, ServiceNow
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required for composing and delivering technical presentations or other forms of documentation to various level of technical and non-technical management
- Experience driving discussions with senior personnel regarding trade-offs, best practices, project management and risk mitigation
- Hands-on experience leading the design, development and deployment of business software at scale or current hands on technology infrastructure, network, compute, storage, and virtualization experience
- Enterprise Linux and Windows Server operating system administration
- Cross-functional collaboration with other CBS technology teams, including engineering, operations and development groups; works with project team members and other internal teams to deliver projects.
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent
- Graduate Degree in Computer Science or Engineering highly desired
- AWS SysOps Administrator Associate & Solutions Architect Professional certifications
- GCP Associated Cloud Engineer
- Microsoft Azure Administrator
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled