Maintenance Facility TechDESCRIPTION
- Title: Maintenance Facility Tech
- Effective Date: 5/7/2019
- Job Family: Facility Services
- FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
- Reports To: Environmental/Facilities Services Manager
Maintenance service and repairs in the areas of plumbing carpentry, painting, equipment servicing, electrical, or vehicle servicing. The Maintenance Facility Technician will be responsible for performing basic maintenance and repairs and Environmental Services duties as outlined below.GENERAL REQUIREMENTS
1. Performs routine preventive maintenance to ensure that machines continue to run smoothly, building systems operate efficiently, and physical condition of building does not deteriorate.
2. Uses tools ranging from common hand and power tools (such as hammers, hoists, saws, drills and wrenches) to precision measuring instruments and electrical and electronic testing devices.
3. Assembles. installs, and/or repairs wiring, electrical and electronic components, pipe systems and plumbing, machinery, and equipment.
4. Diagnoses mechanical problems and determines how to correct them by reading electrical schematics checking blueprints, repair manuals, and parts catalogs as necessary.
5. Inspects, operates, and tests machinery and equipment in order to diagnose machine malfunctions. Records maintenance and repair work performed and the costs of the work.
6. Cleans and lubricates shafts, bearings, gears, and other parts of machinery.
7. Dismantles devices and removes defective parts, cranes, hand tools, and power tools.
8. Communicates frequently with facilities departmental leadership.
9. Takes time to understand the points being made and asks appropriate questions.
10. Maintains supplies and inventories.
11. Monitors and replaces light bulbs at assigned sites, as required.
12. Hangs pictures and shelving, as needed.
13. Assembles, dismantles and installs furniture.
14. Transport maintenance equipment as assigned.
15. Assist with maintenance of all CWH vehicles.
16. Clean carpets, strip and wax floors
17. Travels to CWH locations to complete work orders, as required.
18. Provides Eagle Excellence Service always.
19. Performs regularly scheduled inspections of safety devices (ie. Fire extinguishers)
20. Performs other duties as assigned.GENERAL SKILLS
Organizational Skills, Communication Skills, Interpersonal Skills, Customer Relations, Mathematical, Analytical, Grammar, Spelling, Read Comprehend Written Instructions, Follow Verbal Instructions, Basic Computer Skills, General Clerical Skills.