Provides care in a medical practice office or clinic under the direction of a provider. Maintains a clean and safe environment, provide patient care and provide patients with information. Models appropriate behavior as exemplified in the Mission, Vision and Values.Education/Training & Experience:
High School graduate or equivalent.
Must have at least one (1) year of experience working in a medical facility as a Medical Assistant or similar health care experience.
- New Hires and Transfers are required to have current AHA "Heartsaver" Certification.
Graduate of an accredited medical assisting program.
Completion of an accredited medical assisting program in lieu of experience requirement.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to work with patients, patient families and physicians in a tactful and professional manner.
- Ability to organize multiple tasks and projects to maintain workflow as a medical assistant.
- Ability to begin the patient visit with eye contact, smile and greeting, while using the patient's name.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team. Successful completion of assigned training and development programs for the role within the mandated time frame.
- Ability to perform basic computer skills. Experience with an EMR system preferred.
- Learning, practicing, and validating motivational interviewing and teach back method techniques.
- Ability to act quickly in emergency situations.
Supervision Provided by this Position:
- Proactively fulfills patient care responsibilities as requested by physician or other clinicians in the physician office.
- Fulfills environmental responsibilities as assigned that may include setting up exam room, instruments, and other equipment.
- Fulfills clinical medical assisting responsibilities as required.
- There are no supervisory or lead responsibilities assigned to this position.
- The physical activities of this position may include climbing, pushing, standing, hearing, walking, reaching, grasping, kneeling, stooping, and repetitive motion.
- Must have good balance and coordination.
- The physical requirements of this position are: medium work - exerting up to 50 lbs. of force occasionally and/or up to 25 lbs. of force frequently.
- The Associate is required to have close visual acuity including color, depth perception, and field of vision to perform an activity, such as assessing patients, preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; or extensive reading.
- Frequent invasive and non-invasive patient contact.
- Exposure to patient body fluids as well as exposure to hazardous or poisonous materials.