Summary of Job:
The Leave of Absence Specialist (LOAS) defines and implements key strategic processes that increase LOA return and retention rate and reduce net program LOAs across the 2U portfolio. The LOAS will implement broad solutions such as outreach campaigns as well as specific program analysis, process refinement and guidance on comprehensive and exceptional coaching.
Key Role and Responsibilities:
- Increased effectiveness and efficiency of LOA advising strategy (60%)
- Analyze processes impacting LOA students and implement improvements that increase student retention and free up time for increased coaching delivery.
- Define and implement streamlined process for LOA engagement, such as automated drip campaigns and partnership with behavior influencing technologies.
- Regularly update best practices for improving LOA return rates, and consult with Student Success Department with the goal of improving all 2U LOA return rates.
- Provide regular scheduled communications and program deliverables to internal stakeholders
- Develop a comprehensive communication strategy that prioritizes student outreach and addresses students' changing needs through the beginning, middle, and end of the LOA based on ongoing assessment.
- Develop protocol to connect students with appropriate resources as needed and identify new resources that could aid in student retention.
- Implement strategies as directed to positively impact key metrics (i.e.: student satisfaction, student retention goals, credit generation, and student success upon their return).
- Analyze program and student data to estimate LOA return rates including intuitive reasoning to forecast appropriately
- Detailed program analysis, (30%)
- Analyze high LOA populations by program, assess existing processes and areas for improvement.
- Document process revisions and work with the Advisors, Managers and Student Success Director(s) to implement changes that increase efficiencies and effectiveness of LOA engagement.
- Relationship and Change Management (10%)
- Create protocols for problem-solving when faced with critical student situations to determine when escalation to University staff is required.
- Communicate effectively in both written and verbal forms to internal and University stakeholders
- Work with internal and University stakeholders to support change management in the implementation of recommended strategies
Education and Experience:
- 3+ years' experience working in a service-oriented, customer support or related field, with a track record of success
- Demonstrated a dedicated focus to developing coaching skills
- Strong customer service background required. Previous experience providing exceptional customer service in a collegiate or university environment is a strong plus
- Proficiency in Salesforce, Adobe, Tableau, Zoom and google docs.
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
We believe there should be no back row in higher education. For more than a decade, 2U, Inc., a global leader in education technology, has been improving lives by powering the world's best digital education. As a trusted partner and brand steward of great universities, we build, deliver, and support online graduate programs and certificates for working adults. Our industry-leading short courses, offered by GetSmarter®, are designed to equip lifelong learners with in-demand career skills. To learn more about 2U and No Back Row®, visit 2U.com.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Why It's Great to Work at 2U
2U offers a high-energy work environment that's both challenging and fun. We work hard, but our offices are casual and social places. We wear jeans to work and fuel brainstorming sessions with snacks and seltzer.
2U offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance, disability and 401(k)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Generous paid leave policies including unlimited PTO for your vacation, personal, or sick days
- Additional time off benefits include:
- time off to volunteer for non-profit organizations
- parental leave after 9 months of employment
- holidays that include a winter break from Christmas through New Year and more!
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans' status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U's equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits, pay and dismissal.