- Under the supervision of the primary physician and/or the Division Head, elicits patient history, provides counseling and follow-up care for the following patient groups: prenatal, pediatric, adult cancer, general genetics, adult and pediatric neurogenetics.
- Prepares cases and presents at interdisciplinary conferences.
- Formulates differential diagnosis, coordinates related testing, and documents all patient visits.
- Counsels patients on all aspects of the diagnosis.
- Consults on inpatient cases and acts as liaison with a variety of internal and external sources.
- Provides support for students and residents, education of professional and lay groups, and participation in departmental research.