As an Interior Designer II, you are an NCIDQ certified interior designer responsible for full scale design, including project management, conceptual design, space planning, signage, project coordination, Revit document production and contract administration, and liaising with clients and consultants for various projects.
You support the Interior Design discipline through creativity, peer relationships and customer focus to develop design concepts and create accurate documentation in all phases within the established design principles, project budget, and schedule. You grow business through presentations and planning for the various phases of projects, growing through interpersonal savvy and career ambition.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Develop pre-design & programming, conceptual design, schematic design, design development and coordinate project design assignments, as well as develop design documentation.
- Assist the Interior Design Discipline Leader or Team Leader with the direction of the overall project process including development of work plans and proposals.
- Undertake selection and research of project design materials, furnishings, fixtures, and equipment and effectively share information with the interior design team.
- Assist in developing various scheduled and 3-part specifications for materials, finishes, fixed equipment, construction time and cost.
- Prepare design presentation materials and effectively lead verbal presentations to clients.
- Participate in project interviews and help to build and maintain client relationships.
- Exhibit the ability to effectively understand and translate the client's needs, goals, and aspirations, including better positioning clients in a competitive marketplace, and understanding key drivers that will lead to brand adoption.
- Display good judgment and decision-making regarding cost implications for interiors related matters during the design process in order to meet project schedule and budget.
- Develop and lead the interior design content for the design development package including prototype samples and mockups as necessary.
- Attend on-site visits and field reviews to assist and/or lead interactions with outside contractors and vendors.
- Develop construction documents including drawings, addenda, and bulletins in support of the project team with respect to interior design issues with efficiency and effectiveness.
- Display excellent communication with internal team members, clients, and external partners.
- Effectively articulate interior design ideas to the client and project team.
- Maintain contact and clear communication with the client at various levels of project work.
- Report schedule and budget deviations to the Project Manager and client on a timely basis.
- Coordinate work with other disciplines to deliver a cohesive, high-quality design result.
- Coordinate and prepare working drawing contract documents, sketches, plans, details and schedules, using REVIT software.
- Develop, maintain, and apply understanding of building codes and construction regulations, and responds appropriately to code implications during all phases of project work.
- Follow Progressive's Project Process standards and best practices.
- Act as an ambassador for company-wide values and ethical standards of practice.
- Attend professional development activities including "Lessons Learned" sessions.
- Work with senior staff to ensure your work effort is in line with the overall project budget.
- Produce contract documents and design analysis that is efficient and consistent with the scope of work, schedule, and fee allotted to complete the work. Assist with creating project contracts and invoicing.
- Plan, monitor, and control technical costs and scheduled performance of moderately complex, fast-paced projects and mentor others.
- Own the project profit goals and assist the team in budgeting and time management.
- Review, monitor, and update project financial reports in a timely manner, managing report formats and information.
- Mentor and support the work of less experienced staff.
- Provide technical support to other team members as required.
Commitment to Client Service
- Understand the need for professionalism and exhibit a commitment to external and internal client service.
- Exhibit the ability to effectively understand and translate the client's needs, goals, and aspirations.
- Support new business development by following up on leads and client work requests. As needed, participate in cross team marketing, selling, and interviews.
- Assist in proposals and contract negotiations to establish scope of work, schedule, and budget.
- Your Degree: Bachelor's Degree in Interior Design or Architecture or equivalent in education and experience required for professional certification.
- Your Licensure: NCIDQ certified interior designer. IIDA or ASID membership preferred. LEED certification (or equivalent) preferred. CSI-CDT preferred (or willingness to complete within 1 year)
- Your Knowledge and Experience:
- Minimum 5 years of post-graduate interior design experience.
- Strong knowledge of the interior design and documentation process, including a high level of talent in design and documentation skills, as evidenced through an outstanding portfolio of past work.
- Strong knowledge of space planning, sustainability and other trends in the design/construction industry.
- Strong knowledge of furniture, fixture, and equipment, architectural/interior finishes, lighting, signage, art, and color schemes to carry out design intent.
- Strong ability to produce and develop excellent design concepts and content.
- Strong experience with quality assurance/quality control (QA/QC) processes.
- Strong knowledge of applicable codes and ability to assist in conducting research for requirements that may need to be incorporated into technical documents.
- Your Technical Skills:
- Strong knowledge of SketchUp, Revit, Adobe Photoshop, and Adobe InDesign are required. Experience in Enscape preferred.
- Strong experience in producing construction documents.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook required.
- Career Ambition - You know what you want from a career and actively work on it; you are career knowledgeable; you make things happen for self; you market yourself for opportunities; you don't wait for others to open doors.
- Creativity - You come up with a lot of new and unique ideas; you easily make connections among previously unrelated notions; you tend to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Customer Focus - You are dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; you get first-hand customer information and use it for improvements in products and services; you act with customers in mind; you establish and maintain effective relationships with customers and gain their trust and respect.
- Interpersonal Savvy - You relate well to all kinds of people - up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; you build appropriate rapport; you build constructive and effective relationships; you use diplomacy and tact; you can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Peer Relationships - You can quickly find common ground and solve problems for the good of all; you can represent your own interests and yet be fair to other groups; you can solve problems with peers with a minimum of noise; you are seen as a team player and are cooperative; you easily gain trust and support of peers; you encourage collaboration; you can be candid with peers.
- Planning - You accurately scope out length and difficulty of tasks and projects; you set objectives and goals; you break down work into the process steps; you develop schedules and task/people assignments; you anticipate and adjust for problems and roadblocks; you measure performance against goals; you evaluate results.
- Presentation Skills - You are effective in a variety of formal presentation settings: one-on-one, small and large groups, with peers, direct reports, and bosses; you are effective both inside and outside the organization, on both cool data and hot conversational topics; you command attention and can manage group process during the presentation; you can change tactics when something isn't working.
- Technical Learning - You pick up on technical things quickly; you can learn new skills and knowledge; you are good at learning new industry, company, products or technical knowledge; you do well in technical courses and seminars and knowledge; you are good at learning new industry, company, products or technical knowledge; you do well in technical courses and seminars.