Continuing Education's Career and Technical Teacher Education program at South Seattle College teaches business and technical professionals how to effectively utilize their skills and experiences in a public school classroom, while helping participants earn a WA State teaching degree. We are seeking a highly organized professional, with a passion for education, to coordinate the operation of this program. This position will involve recruiting and advising CTE students and acting as their program liaison, and guiding them to completion of the program. Responsibilities include understanding and communicating the State standards for CTE certification as well as the current policies and procedures. Because this program leads to a State recognized teacher certification, there is a large volume of data which needs to be collected, monitored, analyzed and then reported to the CTE Program Advisory Committee and WA State authorities. Continuing Education is a fast-paced program providing non-credit opportunities for adults to increase their professional and personal skills.
This is a full-time temporary position funded for 12 months with a flexible work schedule.First Review date of application is Thursday, June 13, 2019; this position will be open until filled.WFSESeattle Colleges are committed to recruiting dedicated faculty and staff who together create a welcoming academic climate that reflects the diverse backgrounds of our community, including ethnicity, national origin, religion, race, gender, gender identity, age, status as a veteran or disabled veteran, disability, political status, and sexual orientation.This position is governed by a collective bargaining agreement with representation by WFSE and is subject to union shop provisions.Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant's suitability and competence to perform in the position.
- Provides information and technical assistance to CTE program participants, CTE instructors and CTE Advisory Committee regarding program content, policies and activities.
- Provides training and promotional materials for CTE program recruitment including flyers, emails, and web page management.
- Monitors CTE program data on prospective students, current students and graduates of program to inform recruitment strategies and prepare necessary reporting for State certification documentation.
- Performs computer-based course management, facilitates student registration, prepares class rosters, and collects and analyzes student demographic data.
Required Education, Experience & Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent education/experience
- Effective, professional written and oral communication skills
- Experience coordinating a program and tracking multiple data sources
- Strong interpersonal skills working with students
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Strong computer skills-including proficiency in Excel, Word, Outlook and experience working with databases
Seattle Colleges follows the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and provides the following information as a guideline for applicants:
- Ability to operate office equipment
- Ability to read and verify data and prepare various materials
- Ability to exchange information on the phone or in person