IDEA Public Schools:
At IDEA Public Schools, we believe in college for ALL and we are committed to ensuring that each and every one of our students graduates from college. IDEA Public Schools has grown from a small school to the fastest-growing network of tuition-free Pre-K-12 public charter schools in the United States sending 100% of our students to college. 58% of our students graduate from college in 6 years - that's 8 times the national rate for students in our communities!
IDEA was founded in 2001 as a single school with 150 students in the Rio Grande Valley. When interest exceeded building capacity, to meet the demands, IDEA co-founders committed to serving more students in the Rio Grande Valley of Texas and beyond. Under their continued leadership, today, we serve tens of thousands of students across Texas and Louisiana. By 2022, IDEA will serve 100,000 students in communities across the country. Be on the lookout for IDEA schools opening near you in the coming months - our upcoming schools will be in Tarrant County (Fort Worth/Arlington), New Orleans, Houston (2020), Midland/Odessa (2021), and Tampa Bay (2021)!
When you choose to work at IDEA, you aren't just an employee. You are a part of our IDEA Team and Family. You will work alongside team members who set and reach ambitious goals every day, are excited to continue to grow with IDEA, and work relentlessly to make college for all a reality.
To learn a bit more about IDEA, check out this video:
About Tarrant County:
Tarrant County has long proved a magnet for families and young professionals looking to plant roots and create a home. Dallas-Fort Worth is ranked as #18 on the Best Places to Live list from U.S. News & World Report.
This fast-growing region has experienced a larger jump in its student population than any other North Texas county. Tarrant County is now home to nearly 400,000 school aged children, and growth is expected to continue for years to come. IDEA Achieve and IDEA Rise will open their doors in 2019 to support the educational in closing the gap for college matriculation.
Only 10% of Tarrant County students attend and complete college while IDEA alumni have a record of 41% matriculation. Changing this statistic is part of the promise IDEA makes to current and incoming students.
Role Mission: Custodians are responsible for providing an enhanced learning environment that exemplifies IDEA's commitment to excellence through a clean, safe, high quality facility.
- Provide a clean and healthy environment that guarantees an enhanced learning environment
- Achieve a proficient rating on the Facilities Rubric and Facilities Audit
- Execute assigned work orders, assuring 90% of campus projects are completed within 48 hours
- Complete all daily cleaning responsibilities, paying special attention to details
- Work with Facilities Manager to identify facilities needs for capital expenditures (CapEx) planning
- Complete SafeSchools training by deadline
- Use all personal protective equipment (PPE) 100% of the time
- All chemicals on-hand locked
- Act immediately to report any unsafe situation on the campus
- Manage custodial supplies and equipment in an efficient manner to achieve the campus cost per square foot allocation with kWh usage per square foot
- Minimize consumption of all materials
- Keep an accurate inventory log sheet
- Order supplies from Facilities Manager within campus guidelines
- Properly use and maintain heavy equipment
- Demonstrate reliability and responsibility through attendance, punctuality, and flexibility
- Zero unexcused absences
- Consistent punctuality
- Demonstrate the Team Player attitude with the ability to work longer hours as needed to meet the mission goal
- Follow work schedule to assure efficiency
- Prioritize and make use of good judgment
- We look for Team and Family who embody the following values and characteristics:
- Believes and is committed to our mission and being an agent of change: that all students are capable of getting to and through college
- Has demonstrated effective outcomes and results, and wants to be held accountable for them
- Has a propensity for action, willing to make mistakes by doing in order to learn and improve quickly
- Works with urgency and purpose to drive student outcomes
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial, high-growth environment; is comfortable with ambiguity and change
- Seeks and responds well to feedback, which is shared often and freely across all levels of the organization
- Works through silos and forges strong cross-departmental relationships in order to achieve outcomes
- We believe in education as a profession and hold ourselves to high level of conduct, professionalism and behaviors as models for our colleagues and students.
- Ability to understand instructions for cleaning, maintenance, and safety procedures
- Knowledge of minor repair techniques and building and grounds maintenance
- Ability to operate cleaning equipment and lift heavy equipment
- Ability to properly handle cleaning supplies
- Salaries for this role typically fall between $10.50 and $12.65, commensurate with relevant experience and qualifications.